• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted, and where you will find more and more great sales posted as Black Friday approacheds, HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Warm overcoats

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
If I needed a smarter warm coat I'd look at the Norwegian Rain Moscow, after which I hanker.

duffyfluffy123

Reaction score
What about Thomas Farthing coats. I wonder how warm those are.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about Thomas Farthing coats. I wonder how warm those are.
I prefer the first, but both are fine. Contact them. In my experience 32 0z fabric is more
or less the maximum usually available. It served me well in -10 F in Chicago.I don't mean
wind chill.I mean -10 F not counting the wind.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thomas Farthing London and Simon James Cathcart seem like great brands I've only just heard about.

Seems like they do aim towards the vintage market, but their overcoats and other pieces seem like they can easily work in a modern wardrobe.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fun? Style requires commitment and hard work.
It took me several days for me to choose the color
of my first pair of Crocs- footwear I adopted for the
regime of sheltering-in with size 4E feet.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then there's the upcoming "Dustbowl Collection"
In the '30 they called it "Ag- Chic" workwear.
article-2173456-140E7D65000005DC-994_1024x615_large.jpg

OIP.QVxbeXp5k-xV5Co-hSqjtgHaE7.jpeg

LIFE-Dust-Bowl-5-jpg_144306.jpg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

amiga505

Reaction score
Thomas Farthing London and Simon James Cathcart seem like great brands I've only just heard about.

Seems like they do aim towards the vintage market, but their overcoats and other pieces seem like they can easily work in a modern wardrobe.
my feeling exactly. while there are clearly 'costumey' pieces, there are also ones which can be creatively integrated with contemporary wardrobes.

duffyfluffy123

Reaction score
What a remarkably original comment.

Anyway, looking through those lookbooks, I think these shots look great. I don't dress particularly vintage, but I can appreciate people who do. Thanks to @duffyfluffy123 for introducing them on here

View attachment 1483361View attachment 1483362View attachment 1483363View attachment 1483364

Some of that reminds me of Leon Bridges' style

My pleasure :).
You could also check out Pini Parma, but its quite similar to SuSu (fashion forward).
I like their raglan coats. Expensive though and seem a tad bit short.

Nobilis Animus

Reaction score
What a remarkably original comment.

Anyway, looking through those lookbooks, I think these shots look great. I don't dress particularly vintage, but I can appreciate people who do. Thanks to @duffyfluffy123 for introducing them on here

View attachment 1483361View attachment 1483362View attachment 1483363View attachment 1483364

Some of that reminds me of Leon Bridges' style

To be honest, many of those clothes are exactly what is coming back into style these days. You cannot tell me that the two on the far right and left of the first photo look anachronistic, or that the third fellow wouldn't look completely different in the streets of NYC rather than an old house.

There's a lot of vintage clothing that can be worn and made to look very contemporary, because it's not too gaudy or exaggerated in form. That sort of test is what I consider necessary to determine "classic" clothing.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My pleasure :).
You could also check out Pini Parma, but its quite similar to SuSu (fashion forward).
I like their raglan coats. Expensive though and seem a tad bit short.
At least Pini Parma says that the coats are mid -weight.
Not for Ottawa in January. As has been been noted, they are short.
Here's one from O'Connells that is more traditional and warm:

Last edited:

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thomas Farthing seems to cater to those who wish to play " dress-up":

COLLECTIONS
HERITAGE LOOKBOOK

ALPINE
Spitsbergen
BRASIL,
JAZZ
Hollywood

I can't wait for their Italian Fascist Collection featuring
clothing inspired by Count Ciano and the Bertolucci film
"The Conformist"

t"
Isn't that this entire forum then nowadays due to circumstances? I put on an OCBD and cords for zoom calls. It's a matter of perspective.

The way a lot of this forum has viewed Fedora Lounge audience in the past is likely how most non-Styfo members view this forum.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's