• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

warm jacket or hoodie for a skinny, short guy

metkirk

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking for a warm jacket or hoodie that makes a short and skinny person look good. Price level is anything below $150. However if it's above $100 then I'd like one that I can wear daily, I don't want people to recognize I'm wearing the same hoodie or jacket everyday. I have neither of them in my wardrobe and the weather's getting really cold. My measurements are

5ft7
chest 35
waist 28
hip 36
weight 123lbs

If you guys have sth used that you don't want anymore I will considering buying it. I'm a dead poor college student but I'd like to dress nice, too so please help me out
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Thank you all!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...

I just got my wife an extra small slim fit Spruce hoodie, which fits her dead on, and you are about the same size. I might recommend that, or a size small slim fit (I think that xs are nearly impossible to find) in a neutral color like the black tiger or grey stripe (I have both). I haven't spoken with him in a bit, but Donnell at Uncle Otis had some size small slim fit w+h hoodies, and may still have some. They will be at the top of your price limit, but definitely worth it. They are short (a medium ends just under my beltline, and I am 5'11", so a small will hit just slightly under that for you (the xs hits at the beltline on my wife). Tell Donnell that Fok sent you.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by metkirk
Hey guys, I'm looking for a warm jacket or hoodie that makes a short and skinny person look good. Price level is anything below $150. However if it's above $100 then I'd like one that I can wear daily, I don't want people to recognize I'm wearing the same hoodie or jacket everyday. I have neither of them in my wardrobe and the weather's getting really cold. My measurements are

5ft7
chest 35
waist 28
hip 36
weight 123lbs

If you guys have sth used that you don't want anymore I will considering buying it. I'm a dead poor college student but I'd like to dress nice, too so please help me out
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Thank you all!

metkirk

Reaction score
I'm inclined to buy Spruce as I heard a lot of good things about them lately, but is it thick and warm enough? I found this Spruce hoodie on SF the other day:

spruceslimfit1.jpg

I was late and it was sold to a SuFuer
frown.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thick and warm enough for what? Where? They are not as warm as say, my Engineered Garments Thermal lined hoodie, but they are plenty warm... especially this year's tiger fleece (w+h).

thisisme

Reaction score
how about for someone

5ft3
chest 33
waist 28-29
weight 120lbs

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Thick and warm enough for what? Where? They are not as warm as say, my Engineered Garments Thermal lined hoodie, but they are plenty warm... especially this year's tiger fleece (w+h).

This year's tiger fleece from W+H is more than plenty warm.. thought I was a Thanksgiving turkey in that thing.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thisisme
how about for someone

5ft3
chest 33
waist 28-29
weight 120lbs

33 chest? 5'3" Are you guys just messing with me
plain.gif
Unless you want a super loose fit, you'll need an xs in Spruce or w+h. A more affordable alternative is the thermal lined American Apparel hoodie. I say xs for you, s for the other guy.

metkirk

Reaction score
Warm enough for Bloomington, IL. It's freezing here I don't even want to smoke anymore because of the weather. How much and where can I buy the W + H tiger fleece from?

thisisme

Reaction score
im actually looking for more an outerwear shell/m65

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
33 chest? 5'3" Are you guys just messing with me
plain.gif

I'm still wondering about the first guy with a 35" chest, 28" waist, and 36" hips.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha this message board makes me feel like a ******* superhero.

metkirk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by knucks
haha this message board makes me feel like a ******* superhero.

like the Hulk you mean?
lol8[1].gif

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by metkirk
Warm enough for Bloomington, IL. It's freezing here I don't even want to smoke anymore because of the weather.

Ha! Where are you from? If you're cold now, you're in for a surprise in early January.

On your next trip to Chicago, hit up one of the resale shops on North Ave. People get cold here, die, then have their jackets donated. The other day I found a really nice Spiewak duffel for 25 bucks. There's also a place around there called Untitled that, on occasion, has some decent stuff on sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads