• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

warm jacket or hoodie for a skinny, short guy

metkirk

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking for a warm jacket or hoodie that makes a short and skinny person look good. Price level is anything below $150. However if it's above $100 then I'd like one that I can wear daily, I don't want people to recognize I'm wearing the same hoodie or jacket everyday. I have neither of them in my wardrobe and the weather's getting really cold. My measurements are

5ft7
chest 35
waist 28
hip 36
weight 123lbs

If you guys have sth used that you don't want anymore I will considering buying it. I'm a dead poor college student but I'd like to dress nice, too so please help me out
Thank you all!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hmmm...

I just got my wife an extra small slim fit Spruce hoodie, which fits her dead on, and you are about the same size. I might recommend that, or a size small slim fit (I think that xs are nearly impossible to find) in a neutral color like the black tiger or grey stripe (I have both). I haven't spoken with him in a bit, but Donnell at Uncle Otis had some size small slim fit w+h hoodies, and may still have some. They will be at the top of your price limit, but definitely worth it. They are short (a medium ends just under my beltline, and I am 5'11", so a small will hit just slightly under that for you (the xs hits at the beltline on my wife). Tell Donnell that Fok sent you.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by metkirk
Hey guys, I'm looking for a warm jacket or hoodie that makes a short and skinny person look good. Price level is anything below $150. However if it's above $100 then I'd like one that I can wear daily, I don't want people to recognize I'm wearing the same hoodie or jacket everyday. I have neither of them in my wardrobe and the weather's getting really cold. My measurements are

5ft7
chest 35
waist 28
hip 36
weight 123lbs

If you guys have sth used that you don't want anymore I will considering buying it. I'm a dead poor college student but I'd like to dress nice, too so please help me out
Thank you all!

metkirk

Reaction score
I'm inclined to buy Spruce as I heard a lot of good things about them lately, but is it thick and warm enough? I found this Spruce hoodie on SF the other day:

I was late and it was sold to a SuFuer

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Thick and warm enough for what? Where? They are not as warm as say, my Engineered Garments Thermal lined hoodie, but they are plenty warm... especially this year's tiger fleece (w+h).

thisisme

Reaction score
how about for someone

5ft3
chest 33
waist 28-29
weight 120lbs

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Thick and warm enough for what? Where? They are not as warm as say, my Engineered Garments Thermal lined hoodie, but they are plenty warm... especially this year's tiger fleece (w+h).

This year's tiger fleece from W+H is more than plenty warm.. thought I was a Thanksgiving turkey in that thing.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thisisme
how about for someone

5ft3
chest 33
waist 28-29
weight 120lbs

33 chest? 5'3" Are you guys just messing with me
Unless you want a super loose fit, you'll need an xs in Spruce or w+h. A more affordable alternative is the thermal lined American Apparel hoodie. I say xs for you, s for the other guy.

metkirk

Reaction score
Warm enough for Bloomington, IL. It's freezing here I don't even want to smoke anymore because of the weather. How much and where can I buy the W + H tiger fleece from?

thisisme

Reaction score
im actually looking for more an outerwear shell/m65

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
33 chest? 5'3" Are you guys just messing with me

I'm still wondering about the first guy with a 35" chest, 28" waist, and 36" hips.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha this message board makes me feel like a fucking superhero.

metkirk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by knucks
haha this message board makes me feel like a fucking superhero.

like the Hulk you mean?

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by metkirk
Warm enough for Bloomington, IL. It's freezing here I don't even want to smoke anymore because of the weather.

Ha! Where are you from? If you're cold now, you're in for a surprise in early January.

On your next trip to Chicago, hit up one of the resale shops on North Ave. People get cold here, die, then have their jackets donated. The other day I found a really nice Spiewak duffel for 25 bucks. There's also a place around there called Untitled that, on occasion, has some decent stuff on sale.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 142 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.4%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.9%
  • 31 - 40