• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wardrobe from scratch, how is this looking so far?

dapperguy80

Reaction score
I will have a look in Next as well, need some chinos to :) Do you have any recommendations on a formal / smart causal leather belt which will not break the bank?

I would suggest to get your accessories from either Moss Bros, Charles Tyrwhitt, TM Lewin, Hawes & Curtis or Thomas Pink.

If you are located in the North West region, why not drop by Cheshire Oaks?

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

AdamUK

Reaction score
I would suggest to get your accessories from either Moss Bros, Charles Tyrwhitt, TM Lewin, Hawes & Curtis or Thomas Pink.

If you are located in the North West region, why not drop by Cheshire Oaks?

Not near me unfortunately but thanks for suggestions will go check them out

AdamUK

Reaction score
Hey, I can understand when a person has to start shopping from scratch with numerous questions in his mind about latest trends. First of all, go and follow latest trends in magazines and blogs. I am sure this will be helpful, it works for me.
It is overwhelming.

The biggest challenge is actually finding clothes which fit correctly very frustrated so far

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do black Chelsea boots go with a lot more than a dark brown? Is there any colour they wouldn't work well with? Also wondering how back would look with light blue jeans,in my very limited knowledge I have always thought brown shoes look better with blue jeans

I believe that dressier chelsea boots don't seem to combine well with light blue denim and usually look better with darker denim. Brown (and burgundy) on the other hand are a lot more versitile

Alfic1995

Reaction score
I would suggest going to a thrift shop, you can save more. You just need patience when finding the perfect apparel.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads