1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wardrobe buying strategy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by AlanC, Apr 21, 2005.

1. alchimiste

alchimiste Senior member

Since you use the same data several times a database would be more suitable than a spreadsheet. Do you have to enter the same information several times?

Mathieu

2. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

Now that I already do. Part of the problem is my temptation to go buy another three or four ties when I have 60 of them. I need to develop some direction that says, no, I need a pair of Aldens instead.
    You could use a variation of one of the other ideas. Set a tie maximum of 50 or 60 or whatever. If you add 3, you need to sell 3. Then, when you sell the 3 ties, the money goes into a savings account. When the account hits the magic number, you move on your shoes. Not as good as, "suck it up and save you spineless muppet.", but I too understand the sirens call. Love the Kermit, btw.
    I've been doing that some. In fact I have several ties I need to list on ebay soon. I'm trying to keep the tie collection from getting too out of control. Lately--it's probably cuffthis's fault--I've also been bidding on cuff links like no tomorrow. What do you mean obsessive? [​IMG] (Thanks on the Kermit.)

3. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

(chorse123 @ April 22 2005,01:09) Happily. I'll need to find a way to bring it from home to work though, which may take a while under current new apartment circs. In the meantime, this is how it's laid out.. A page each for: Current wardrobe Wardrobe by month Order history (useful for Jantzen changes.) and future orders Daily tracking Random notes
    Since you use the same data several times a database would be more suitable than a spreadsheet. Do you have to enter the same information several times? Mathieu
    Probably, but it would take much more time to develop. The spreadsheet grew from humble beginnings. It's not perfect, but it works.

4. Mr Checks

Mr Checks Senior member

Regarding ties: I'm in the same situation; looking here for advice on how to move away from the obvious and, yes, Johnny Cash looked good (and I marked his passing with a night of playing everything I could find)

5. christian

christian Senior member

Honestly, to really reign in spending, I'll hold off buying the item I covet for a couple of months. Usually, I realize that I didn't even want it that much. It makes me feel better that I could then donate that money I would have spent to more worthwhile causes.