1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Waproo shoe polish

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by paul44, Feb 20, 2005.

1. paul44

paul44 Member

Perhaps this is an odd question, but I came across information for Waproo shoe products, from Australia.  As many of us know, the method of matching wax polish to leather color can be quite the chemistry experiment, but I noticed that this Australian company makes polishes and matching creams in a wide variety of colors.  They also seem to make polish stripper and some aniline-leather-care goods I might enjoy.

Just wondering if anyone ever has heard of or has used Waproo, or if they're available here in the U.S.  Probably a wild goose chase, unnecessary, but just curious.

The polishes appear to be made in Spain.  And some may have a tiny amount of silicone oil in them; so, wondering how that works on the leather.

Thanks.

2. timekeeping

timekeeping Well-Known Member

Waproo is considered to be the higher end shoe polish in the mass market.  You can only get them from cobblers and department stores, not supermarkets.

My local cobbler told me that Waproo is a silicone based product that is on par with Kiwi.  Long term use will ruin your shoes because silicone is a sealant and will suffocate your shoes.

However, that being said, the number of shades Waproo offers is quite amazing and I have been trying my luck on re-finishing an old, beaten up pair of brown monk strap (Church's Westbury) a la Beluti.  I mixed teracotta red with blue and black but somehow never got the desired effect.  Damn the corrected grain leather (even in the pre-Prada days.).

For my good shoes, I prefer the Woodlore carnauba wax polish.  Or for the really good shoes, C&J polish.

As to US availability, I don't know.

Hope you find the info useful.