1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wanting a Change

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Techno-Elf, Jul 3, 2006.

1. quid

quid Senior member

Do people actually drink three cans of cola everyday?

oh man, i have some friends that i try to propaganda into working out, or at least making an attempt to not soooooooooo disgusting. im 6' 165 by the way. one of them drinks about 5 sodas daily. not diet. one only drinks diet soda, but by the bucket full, and eats total crap otherwise, only twice a day, and often very late at night, and im talking eating dinner at 11PM.

2. Impulse155

Impulse155 Senior member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlanC
    Let me also add, that at your current weight if you start making some basic changes you'll start dropping weight without too much difficulty. Limit yourself to one cola per day rather than three, substituting for water. Have only one bowl of cereal in the morning (add some fruit to your cereal). Eat an apple every day. Walk one mile. As you see results you'll be encouraged to further modify your diet and exercise.

Do people actually drink three cans of cola everyday?

mmhmmm i used to, i also lost 30 lbs from Feb-June

BTW

Real Cardinal Rule= If you make yourself beleive you cant do it, you wont be able to

3. bobbyd

bobbyd Well-Known Member

About 10 years ago, I was about 40 pounds overweight. I joined a gym and, this is important, I did what I was capable of doing in the gym. In other words, I didn't try to keep up with the guys my age (late 20's at the time) who were benching 300+ and doing the heavy workouts. I spent at least 30 minutes per day on cardio and did lighter weights as I slowly built up.

I don't know if this is what the "experts" recommend, but as far as a diet, I cut back considerably, but still ate 3-4 meals per day and then once per week, I had a "cheat meal" where on Friday night I ate whatever I wanted and as much as I could eat (large pizza, all you can eat buffet). I found myself, in due time, not as much looking forward to my "cheat meal", but really getting into picking and choosing my other meals with an eye towards weight loss.

The combination of seeing real progress in the gym both cardio and weight-wise and getting into eating tasty healty meals became a near obsession and in a couple of months, not only had I lost the weight I needed to, but I got to the point I was adding muscle weight.

4. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

About 10 years ago, I was about 40 pounds overweight. I joined a gym and, this is important, I did what I was capable of doing in the gym. In other words, I didn't try to keep up with the guys my age (late 20's at the time) who were benching 300+ and doing the heavy workouts. I spent at least 30 minutes per day on cardio and did lighter weights as I slowly built up.

I don't know if this is what the "experts" recommend, but as far as a diet, I cut back considerably, but still ate 3-4 meals per day and then once per week, I had a "cheat meal" where on Friday night I ate whatever I wanted and as much as I could eat (large pizza, all you can eat buffet). I found myself, in due time, not as much looking forward to my "cheat meal", but really getting into picking and choosing my other meals with an eye towards weight loss.

The combination of seeing real progress in the gym both cardio and weight-wise and getting into eating tasty healty meals became a near obsession and in a couple of months, not only had I lost the weight I needed to, but I got to the point I was adding muscle weight.

great story.

i'm editing my first post to add 'no dairy'. i forgot that one.

5. sloaney

sloaney Senior member

Is it possible to cut fat/weight and build tone/muscle at the same time? I am only slightly overweight but want to lose some flab, not to be skinny but to add definition and tone. If I hit the weight room twice a week and spend another three days a week doing cario or swimming, would this work? Also dietary advice would be appreciated for both weight loss & building muscle. I am also a bit curious whether creatine or any supplements would help me. Thanks, I appreciate any advice you can give.

6. TheRookie

TheRookie Senior member

Is it possible to cut fat/weight and build tone/muscle at the same time? I am only slightly overweight but want to lose some flab, not to be skinny but to add definition and tone. If I hit the weight room twice a week and spend another three days a week doing cario or swimming, would this work? Also dietary advice would be appreciated for both weight loss & building muscle. I am also a bit curious whether creatine or any supplements would help me. Thanks, I appreciate any advice you can give.

You shouldn't have any problem toning muscle while losing fat if you lift and lower your caloric intake slightly. It is doubtful you will add muscle mass and lose fat at the same time since adding mass generally requires a caloric surplus and losing fat generally requires a caloric deficit. For some people creatine gives an increase in strength and a fuller look to the muscles. It has no direct effect on fat loss.