• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted:

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The topic of cashmere hooded sweaters came up in a recent topic, so I'm asking those in the US - the very land of discounted Paper Denim & Cloth - if they've seen the PDC cashmere zip hoodie anywhere at a discount. US$484 is the cheapest I've seen it, and that's waaaaay too rich for my blood. It looks a little something like this:
PDC-MO2_V1-BIG.jpg
Ideally I'd be looking for the model in brown - 'bark', I think they call it, or 'earth' - and in a size 1 (or even zero, if it exists). If anyone spots one on their travels, and is happy to lug it to a post office, please let me know, and I can PayPal you the cash for it, shipping, and whatever 'handling' charge you'd like. Thanks guys.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
What size is a 1 or a zero (say, in American inch sizing)? If it's sized like that it's likely to be in the women's section of the discounters I've been to. Maybe I should be digging through the women's sections.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I don't think it's been around long enough to find at a discount store. Maybe next summer you will have better luck.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are probably not going to find that on discount anywhere. The piece is 1) brand new design this year, 2) probably going to be a standard rather than a fashion piece, like denim (anyone seen a pair of Paper Denim GTO 1-years on sale?) so only the most cutting edge boutiques will *ever* discount it, and 3) The pieces are priced rather low compared to many, many, similar designer pieces, and the design is appealing to both the fashionista (for slumming) and the regular guy, who will like a nice piece without looking like a Schonberger victim. I predict that it's flying out the door of places like Scoop NYC and Barney's Co-op at alarming rates.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys - turns out size 1 is a medium, so it'd be too big anyway.

I'll just wait for the inevitable copies...

jerseyguy

Reaction score
In case anyone else is interested, use coupon code 'JT' for 15% off at revolve, which transaltes to a price just over $400.

Also, LAG, I found my GTO 1 years on sale at goclothing.com that came just over $130 with a coupon code.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, LAG, I found my GTO 1 years on sale at goclothing.com that came just over $130 with a coupon code.

Thanks. I got mine for $135 from Jasmine Sola on Newbury Street, with their 10% online coupon. Although Boston's pickings are sparse, the prices are usually cheaper than in NYC or LA. Gotta give'em that. I'm just used to paying well under $100 (usually $50-70) for Paper Denims and Seven's, a little more for True Religion (but no more) and less ubiquitous brands. More than that, and I don't feel I've gotten a deal

jerseyguy

Reaction score
Do you generally buy your jeans at B&M stores? I see sevens and PDC on eBay all the time for those prices, but usually don't buy unless I have tried on the exact model in wash already. The only B&M source for discount PDC I know of is Marshalls -- and they generally have, as you said, ICN Mythos in every imaginable size, not GTOs or better washes.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've bought many many pairs of GTOs at Marshall's for $49-59, Nordstrom's Rack also has GTOs from time to time at $69, and sometimes 30% off that price if they have been sitting for awhile ($48 or so) Perhaps we have better selection here in Orange County with SCP next door to the Marshall's/Rack.

Sevcom

Reaction score
I picked up my GTO 1-year jeans about a year ago at the Filene's Basement in Atlanta for about $60. Unfortunately, they haven't gotten any good Paper Denim stock since: a couple of rigid washes and some light-coloured cords.

My main goal now is to find a source of discounted jeans here in NYC. The quality level of denim at the new Filene's Basement in Union Square seems to top out at I-Jeans, and I'm searching for replacements for my now-worn GTOs and ICNs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads