• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Want to go on vacation, looking into it is stressing me out!

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This should be easy, are you going alone? What do you like to do...etc.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakfasteatre
I really want to go on vacation soon, for like a week. End of july/august sometime

doing the research is giving me some serious anxiety to the point that I dont want to go anywhere

whats the solution?

Quit being a coward.

stewartu

Reaction score
Stymied by too much choice. I know what you mean.

How much you looking to spend? When do you intend to go?

skyman

Reaction score
Take a look at the Camelback Inn Phoenix Arizona. Super friendly staff, good quiet pools, GREAT food, nice big rooms. Also has a real nice golf course and is just down from scotsdale. This place has never failed to relax me.

Anyway good look with the search, netflights is also a pretty good website.

S. Paul

Reaction score
I really want to go on vacation soon, for like a week. End of july/august sometime

doing the research is giving me some serious anxiety to the point that I dont want to go anywhere

whats the solution?

This time of year is cheap in the Bahamas, you can find some great online deals for the Atlantis on Paradise Island (flying into Nassau). It's hurricane season down here so as long as one is not hitting at the time you booked your trip, you're all set. I'm actually serious about that. lol.

Check Travelzoo, hell even check them for the Top20 specials and maybe some other place that sounds good to you will have an awesome deal.

There are so many possibilities, it would help just a tad if you mentioned what you like to do/price range/length of vacation.

gl,
SP

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score

whats the solution?

breakfasteatre, dont go somewhere on vacation just for the sake of going somewhere on vacation; many people i know do this just for the sake of being able to talk about "having done that" and i understand the anxiety that goes along with it if youre not entirely up for it in your gut.

nothing wrong with taking a good relaxing week off or two, just to do nothing. staying at home. vegging. meeting some friends, watch a movie or two, go see your mom or what have you.

perfectly ok, and to tell you the truth, i think if there was a study done about this i would think in all honesty, most poeple would prefer to do this exact thing rather than going on some elaborately planned trip.

do you like camping? then go. do you like waterskiiing? then go. but if you don tlike those things, i dont, perfectly fine to take a few days off to just do things on the spur of the moment for things you like to do. heck. i can go shopping all day. or even watch a few movies. or play piano or play billiards all night or do laundry slowly during the course of a whole afternoon. it is meditative. nothing wrong with that.

zeroconspiracy

Reaction score
Let Gilt Group-Jet setter guide you. They usually have great deals for quick getaways.

Napa Valley? Golf, wine, cheese and spa... yes please!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads