• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Want to get a burberry trench, just need a some advice

faisaltauqir

Reaction score
My first confusion is whether i should get the trench in black or beige. Primarily my concern is that whether i would be able to wear it year round, I live near Toronto and there is snow and winter for nearly 4 months a year, and i was wondering if it would be appropriate to wear a light coloured trench in the fall and winter, and vice-versa - and whether it would be appropriate to wear a black trench during the spring and summer. Also, I have 8 coats already, 3 black, 1 camel overcoat, brown bomber jacket, polo beige wind-breaker-esque jacket, and a brown and olive dot dunhill coat ( kinda trenchish i guess). I've included pictures.

Secondly, should I get it in single or double breasted? The double breasted version has more of a burberry feel to it, however I'm not sure if it would fit with my body.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you live anywhere near Toronto you should already know that a trench is more appropriate for above freezing temperatures, and best suited for spring & fall temperatures.
Summers in Toronto are too hot for a fully lined trench and look silly.
A light Mackintosh or equivalent will work better for you for summery weather.
On mild winter days hovering at or just above freezing, you could get away with a trench,
minding that you are not exposed to the elements for prolonged periods of time.
As long as your Dunhill isn't to the ankle, you're fine.
Browse the WAYWRN thread. Scroll back to the spring and fall months. You'll find some excellent photos for reference.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 16 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 80 16.9%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 153 32.4%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 79 16.7%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 40 8.5%