• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

want to buy a new cell phone

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have a silver Razr, have no problems. It's really just a phone for me. The charcoal ones from Cingular look nice, but they charge an arm and a leg for data, so I dropped em like a hot potato.

Regards,
Huntsman

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
The RAZR isn't bad, they are fun to mod and screw around with, you can mod motorola phones more than any others. I sold my RAZR and got a Samsung T-509 just because it was different and nobody else had it at the time, though it was more like a lateral-switch if not a downgrade. Whatever you do, don't get the graphite RAZR with the white dragon stenciling, it's become most amjack accessory I can think of.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spertia
I prefer slvr over razr or krzr.

How about a fckr?

Personally, I'm done with Motorola. My razr sucks balls. I can't ever read the screen when I'm out in sunlight because of the dust underneath. The reception blows, the battery sucks, and the interface is designed by a monkey. But for the thinness and sleekness, I would never have looked twice at it.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the Samsung Sync from Cingular. All of the phones are too damned big and loaded with features I couldn't care less about, but at least the sync was free. Anyone have any experience with this phone?

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Nokia n95 is probably the best phone out there now, except for what they have in japn currently.....
musicboohoo[1].gif

caelte

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The mic went on my phone so I called T-Mobile to get a new phone.
I wanted a RAZR.
The rep told me they get tons of them returned.
I'm out of contract and wanted a phone that was basic so I got a no frills, basic Samsung, I think it was a 219.

It was small, lite, and red. Perfect for most people who want just a phone but something that I would destroy in a matter of weeks.

I returned it , cancelled the new contract, bought a new mic for my old phone off of EBAY, and installed it.

T-Mobile has a poor selection of phones.
Like all the phone companies, they focus too much on the front end-getting the new customers; and not enough on the back end-keeping the old.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like someone said earlier, I have never had one single problem with my Rzr, and it's going on 2 years. I love it for the sleekness, it fits perfectly in my coat or pants pockets. Like I said earlier, my only problem is that they are everywhere.

fortune

Reaction score
sk3
smile.gif
i know a lot of you hate 'em but i love mine. oh and, go here for a phone, www.elephantcellular.com - buy an unlocked one what ever you do so you don't get sucked into another contract w/ your provider.

phatty123

Reaction score
hey guys i see the rzor silver one sold on tigerdirect for about 140 BUT people say dont buy from there because a lot are defective. I see one on buy.com and feel like buying it there for 177 b/c the site seems more respectable. Should i do that instead? Also, i checked on ebay but i heard there are fake ones being sold on ebay. I am not good at detecting whats real or not but theres this one seller that has 99.9999 percent feedback. One person said the color red didn't look the same. Here's the seller's one item http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...link:middle:us this one is probably going to be sold for 105 dollars total. Should i take a chance with this seller? I am scared of getting a fake phone eveen though is perfect is close to perfect. Would it just be better to pay an extra 72 dollars at buy.com instead?

capnpyro

Reaction score
I'm selling a Cingular Blackjack w/ a motorola H700 bluetooth headset, 512MB SD card, extra chargers, and original box and manuals on ebay right now if interested..

.. I'm selling it because my iphone is the greatest technological achievement in the history of the world and feel that my life is now complete (just thought I'd keep with the iphone fanaticism).

phatty123

Reaction score
okay unfortunately i couldnt buy the Motorola Razr off ebay b/c the auction ended and i was late by 2 seconds or so. It was a 99.999 percent seller which is why. But then i read revew on Cnet etc and there was getting way too many bad reviews for my taste by other users

Can anyone recommend me a cell phone that is compatible with T mobile that is silver and is a flip phone? I currently have a contract and would want a new phone where i can take my old sim card and put it in the new one.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
buy any tri or quad band unlocked cell and it should do what you would like.

on a related note I may be going to the USA to finally get my university degree, how much ddo the gsm systms cost? by minute and by contract?

phatty123

Reaction score
should be by contract say 39.99 per month for 500 minutes something like that.

Can anyone recommend me a cell phone to get? I will not buy the razr b/c of the reviews... there were just way too many bad reviews.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads