• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Want the best? Why not try $10K suit?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
not even a suit, just jacket, and maybe an orphan at that.

is 10k a typo??

Qubaduck

Reaction score
for some reason, the thing i really noticed was the offer of "low monthly payments" to go along with that $10000 jacket....

Eskie

Reaction score
They seem to have others you can also get as BIN for $10,000, so at least you needn't worry about the price getting bid up on you.

For that much money, couldn't they have at least ironed out those wrinkles on the back for the photo?
confused.gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If it isn't a typo, he really is just an idiot, because he had to pay the commensurate listing fee for a $10,000 starting bid. I have no idea how much that is, but certainly it is probably close to as much as that jacket would ever actually sell for (probably less than $30).

I sent him a message on ebay asking about the listing; we'll see what he responds.

John

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This guy sure sells a lot of coupons. Until now, I didn't even know people sold coupons on ebay. This kind of reminds me of the first season of the apprentice when the guy tried to sell a cup of lemonade for something like $1000.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Whereas I had thought it was just a typo, I'm leaning towards the fact that he is just an idiot. He has 4 Abboud jackets priced at $10,000 each.

howbah

Reaction score
Among "this seller's other items" is the exact same (?) jacket with a buy-it-now of fifty dollars ...
wow.gif
confused.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Next time I list a bunch of stuff on ebay (for realistic prices) I am going to list one item with a totally absurd price and make it really funny in the hopes that people link to it and then I get a bunch of traffic for my other auctions...
devil.gif

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Next time I list a bunch of stuff on ebay (for realistic prices) I am going to list one item with a totally absurd price and make it really funny in the hopes that people link to it and then I get a bunch of traffic for my other auctions...
devil.gif

Especially when you can list the item for only .10 during a listing fee sale. It is a good idea, in theory.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads