Wallet with no change section

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by likeitaloud, Jan 19, 2009.

1. likeitaloud

likeitaloud Senior member

Is this some kind of a fashion trend? Or people really don't have change anymore.

I have a Perry Ellis wallet which I love, it has just the right amount of various pockets (even a designated condom pocket) but there is nothing to hold change. I love plastic as much as the next guy but sometimes I end up with change and it's kind of irritating. Should I have bought a different wallet or am I just clueless to what is expected to do with change?

2. EasyGoing

EasyGoing Senior member

The last wallet I had with a change pocket had lots of velcro and it carried my entire net worth.

3. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

The last wallet I had with a change pocket had lots of velcro and it carried my entire net worth.

+1000......[​IMG]

4. appolyon

appolyon Senior member

+1 ... I have a little coin caddy at work and at home where I keep all my coins and use for public transport, coffee etc

If I'm given change while out I use the coin pockets in my pants/jeans or jackets until I get home/work and chuck the coins into the caddy

5. likeitaloud

+1 ... I have a little coin caddy at work and at home where I keep all my coins and use for public transport, coffee etc

If I'm given change while out I use the coin pockets in my pants/jeans or jackets until I get home/work and chuck the coins into the caddy

That's a great idea!

6. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

That's a great idea!

Who would have thunk putting your change in your pocket!

Honestly, I think one's wallet should be slim and uncluttered. I prefer cash in my front pocket (either with a money clip or not) with a wallet only capable of carrying a few cards in the back pocket. Change will be in my pocket until I empty it out. It does suck when the first purchase you make in the day is $6.02. And instead of the cashier letting it slide and giving you $4 back from a $10, you get $3.98. But I wouldn't want all that change in a coin pocket adding bulk.

7. likeitaloud

Honestly, I think one's wallet should be slim and uncluttered. I prefer cash in my front pocket (either with a money clip or not) with a wallet only capable of carrying a few cards in the back pocket. Change will be in my pocket until I empty it out. It does suck when the first purchase you make in the day is $6.02. And instead of the cashier letting it slide and giving you $4 back from a $10, you get $3.98. But I wouldn't want all that change in a coin pocket adding bulk.

That's the reason I bought the wallet in the first place..I don't like keeping change in my pocket but keeping it in the smaller change pocket in my jeans never occurred to me for some reason.

8. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

That's the reason I bought the wallet in the first place..I don't like keeping change in my pocket but keeping it in the smaller change pocket in my jeans never occurred to me for some reason.
    Hopefully, there won't be more tough problems like that to solve on the LSAT. [​IMG]

9. nauticagmo

nauticagmo Well-Known Member

Agreed. When I had a wallet with a coin holder, I would usually be too lazy to count out the exact change anyway, and the coins would just build up in the holder forever.

Nowadays, I just toss it all in a jar and once a year I go to a Coinstar or something.

10. GBR

GBR Senior member

Wallets should be thin with the minimum number of sections for a few (cash) notes and a couple of pieces of plastic. That then fits a back pocket with the minimum of issues.

Coins gathered during the day can go in a coin pocket in trousers or jacket or even the other back pocket. I usually accumulate these and then spend them at a convenience store in the evening to which I specifically take them.

11. likeitaloud

Hopefully, there won't be more tough problems like that to solve on the LSAT. [​IMG]

I laughed [​IMG]

12. Johnathan

Johnathan Senior member

Who would have thunk putting your change in your pocket! Honestly, I think one's wallet should be slim and uncluttered. I prefer cash in my front pocket (either with a money clip or not) with a wallet only capable of carrying a few cards in the back pocket. Change will be in my pocket until I empty it out. It does suck when the first purchase you make in the day is $6.02. And instead of the cashier letting it slide and giving you $4 back from a $10, you get $3.98. But I wouldn't want all that change in a coin pocket adding bulk.
    It's not the cashier deciding not to let it slide, it's the cashier's asshole boss firing them for being a few dollars short at the end of a day spent giving everyone five cents of leeway. I worked at a Starbucks where with tax, a venti coffee was $2.03, and constantly counting out 97 cents was as annoying for me as it is for you to carry it around. If it bothers you so much, throw it in the tip jar. I know, I know: [​IMG]

13. Egdon Heath

Egdon Heath Senior member

Yeah, but try to get it out on a cold morning.​

14. Sleats

Sleats Senior member

I was always taught that a wallet was for cards and 'notes' any coinage stored inside would turn it into a purse...

A purse being an item for 'the lady' [​IMG]

I stear clear of placing any coins in my wallet..

15. Patrician

Patrician Senior member

Somewhere in crazy Europe with all the naked girls
    Never or very rarely use coins, they annoy me. I usually let ppl keep the change. Not a fashion thing, I just think that when CC's are used more often than bills and coins it's a natural thing that you don't carry them around, right?

I'm currently using a black slim H.Boss leather credit card case which holds about 3 cards and some small bills.