• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wallet With Coin Section

Star

Reaction score
I am looking for a new wallet (single fold in half) that has a coin/change section. My old one has fallen to pieces and I sigh each time someone gives me a new one without a coin section as they end up sitting in my top draw unused.

I appreciate some people rid themselves of coins quickly or have a coin pocket in their trousers, however that doesen't work for me. I still like to keep a few gold coins with me.

Any suggestions?

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Star
I am looking for a new wallet (single fold in half) that has a coin/change section. My old one has fallen to pieces and I sigh each time someone gives me a new one without a coin section as they end up sitting in my top draw unused.

I appreciate some people rid themselves of coins quickly or have a coin pocket in their trousers, however that doesen't work for me. I still like to keep a few gold coins with me.

Any suggestions?

Reconsider this urge to carry "gold coins", what use are they. Having coins in a wallet seems very wrong to me.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have split my wallet in two separate. One bills and coins, and am really happy with a small one from Longchamp. It measures 9,5x8cm, and is in really soft calf the cc one is slightly larger but thinner. See pics. Can also recommend the key "pouch" & passport cover. My key pouch is about ready for replacement after 5-6years i think. The brand may not be a SF endorsed product, but IMHO is one of the better options in the French market, of course YMMV. HTH Speed

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In same boat, always have odd changes here and there all the times. If I really don't need coin section (not the case now...), then I would just get card wallet and money clip.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Almost every wallet maker has at least one model with a coin pocket. I don't personally prefer it but you can easily buy one if you wanted. whats holding you back?

Timeless Fashion

Reaction score
I have not seen a wallet with a coin section in the US. However in Europe, since they use 1 and 2 euro coins, I have seen quite a few people with wallets with a coin section with a zipper. It seems more practical in Europe.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vuitton has one for $500. Its too fat! Any wallet you get with a change purse is going to be hideously fat!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads