Wallet(s)!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Manny Calavera, Aug 29, 2006.

1. 2000dB

2000dB Senior member

Those Rust wallets are awesome! I can't wait to see them in person, hopefully I'll have enough money for it...

2. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

let me know how much they go for when you see them. expect ~$400+ though. (~Y55000 in Japan, ~312 Euros)

3. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

I know Atelier won't ship (or let me in the store, for that matter) but Steven Alan is good about lending a helping hand. I'll give Esthete a call too (even though I think it's a women's store, never know).

Great, really like what I've seen of Rust (thanks coldrice). Don't stop with recommendations though peoples. [​IMG]

4. 2000dB

2000dB Senior member

let me know how much they go for when you see them. expect ~$400+ though. (~Y55000 in Japan, ~312 Euros)

I'll see if the quality warrants such a price.

5. Manny Calavera

If anyone is interested in getting a Rust wallet from LVR, PM me. Shipping is ridiculous but we have a little purchasing conglom going, at the moment (still not sure I'm getting this wallet, just throwing it out there).

Also, here are pics of the Needles wallet I saw:

http://www.mizobuchi.co.jp/mls/nepen...pe_ple334.html

The site labels them Nepenthes Purple Label, but it's defiitely the same exact wallet I've seen (under the Needles label).

6. digital_denim

digital_denim Big Lose

I really like that green nephentes wallet. Looks like it'll get more interesting as it gets beat up.

7. 2000dB

2000dB Senior member

If anyone is interested in getting a Rust wallet from LVR, PM me. Shipping is ridiculous but we have a little purchasing conglom going, at the moment (still not sure I'm getting this wallet, just throwing it out there).

Also, here are pics of the Needles wallet I saw:

http://www.mizobuchi.co.jp/mls/nepen...pe_ple334.html

The site labels them Nepenthes Purple Label, but it's defiitely the same exact wallet I've seen (under the Needles label).

Do you have more info on those Rust wallets, price, pics, etc?

8. chim

chim Well-Known Member

Do you have more info on those Rust wallets, price, pics, etc?

hey guys, i dont mean to rain on everybody's rust parade, but if you step back and take a look they look like something available at Wilson's Leather at the mall. I don't see anything to justify the 30 dollar pricepoint, let alone the 400 dollar price point. I'd probably stick with wildswans, coldrice's spanker II is amazing

9. 2000dB

2000dB Senior member

hey guys, i dont mean to rain on everybody's rust parade, but if you step back and take a look they look like something available at Wilson's Leather at the mall. I don't see anything to justify the 30 dollar pricepoint, let alone the 400 dollar price point. I'd probably stick with wildswans, coldrice's spanker II is amazing

To be honest, I'll just wait to be in Japan to check out all the different wallets and make a decision after I've handled them myslef but I really like the aesthetic of Rust wallets form the pics I've seen.

10. Manny Calavera

I don't think Wilson's leather hand-makles bridle leather wallets. And I would bet you the leather Wild Swans and Red Moon use is probably nicer, but I think the Rust wallet is going for a completely different aesthetic. But, to each his own. I'm still contemplating.

11. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

i don't think i've ever seen anything like that at wilson's leather, would like to see it though. i think the added bear claw bumps up the price quite a bit also (i'm assuming it's silver like the rest of their jewelry). and i think they probably make their own snaps too.

12. colm-ccfc84

colm-ccfc84 Member

i bought a cp company wallet today

13. jot

jot Member

Looking for a little advice, I'm probably going to buy a wildswans wallet, the Wings to be precise. Has anyone handled this wallet in person or have any others to suggest?
    I noticed the Spanker II (which has received a lot of praise) is about double the price of the Wings while having a very similar aesthetic to the Wings. This kind of makes me think there might be a quality difference between the two, but that's probably unfounded. Does anyone have any information on it?

14. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

the spanker and the wings are totally different wallets in design and aesthetic.

15. jot

jot Member

Errr, whoops. I was looking at the Flicker II, not the Spanker II, my bad. In any case, can anyone (coldrice?) say anything about the quality and durability of the Wings. I've seen very very few pictures online and I don't really want to drop $200 on a wallet that may not be worth it.