• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Wallet-friendly British tailoring?

MontyChapman

Reaction score
Dear styleforum members,

I do own a two good suits but I would like a tailored suit and trousers made for me that won't break the bank.
I woul preferrably like to get a suit made by a bespoke tailor in London.

Anyone recommend any low-cost but good quality bespoke tailors?

BigBadBernard

Reaction score
There are quite a few threads on this if you search, but the most frequently mentioned are Graham Browne or Whitcomb & Shaftesbury.

Also depends what you have in mind price wise. The above two will be in the £1-2k range. Cheaper than that and you will be looking at MTM.

Macallan

Reaction score
Price range is important to know

Only then can we give specific recommendations

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think you may do better by focusing less on price and quality, and more on how a garment looks on you. Or what kind of look you want to achieve. Obviously set an appropriate budget for yourself, but don't focus on things like whether it's 'well made' or 'is it bespoke.' Otherwise, you will end up with something you're not that in love with, but it's "technically" a good garment.

As mentioned above, Graham Browne or Whitcomb & Shaftesbury are your most affordable options, but maybe you don't like the silhouette. Focus more on what kind of garment you want -- less on whether it's bespoke, RTW, or handsewn. Then figure out whether you can achieve that fit and silhouette with your budget.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.