• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps - Sightings....

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the current follow-up film to the 1987 classic "Wall Street" will make its mark on the menswear fashion industry. I'll remark only on the eyewear Gordon Gekko sports (probably in the first scene where Gekko gets his hands on the huge pile of $$$) and the wonderful wristwatch Shia LaBoeuf's character wears through most of the film. The frame is the newly trendy clear plastic type in a traditional design - perhaps Anglo-American but others make these (and I'd expect the costume people to select something more costly than A-A but maybe now). Wonderful what brand and design LaBoeuf's watch is. It's got an oversized, complicated case with a leather band? Can anyone actually identify it?

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So you know for a fact this is the exact model he wore? Come to think of it, I do recall an IWC watch shown somewhere in the film - probably as one of those marvelous visual, special effect graphics they flashed so much on the screen during the run of the film pertaining to the Market, time in general, the NYC skyline, etc. Absolutely brilliant!

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Come to think of it, could Shia LaBeouf have also worn a larger watch in the film? Perhaps when he was more dressed up? It looked to me rather oversized and I don't know if this IWC really is.

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lafont
I'm sure the current follow-up film to the 1987 classic "Wall Street" will make its mark on the menswear fashion industry. I'll remark only on the eyewear Gordon Gekko sports (probably in the first scene where Gekko gets his hands on the huge pile of $$$) and the wonderful wristwatch Shia LaBoeuf's character wears through most of the film. The frame is the newly trendy clear plastic type in a traditional design - perhaps Anglo-American but others make these (and I'd expect the costume people to select something more costly than A-A but maybe now). Wonderful what brand and design LaBoeuf's watch is. It's got an oversized, complicated case with a leather band? Can anyone actually identify it?

huh??

(dubious)....

the IWC is nice. too bad it waso nly on loan to tthe actor. He's not naomi campbell *cough* blood diamonds... so he has to return it...

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did a little editing, if that's what the "huh?" was for. No lack of typos in this forum, though....

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone identify the white (assumably athletic) shoes Shia LaBoeuf wore in the scene where he went to Gekko's apartment the first time? They certainly were eye-catching with that outfit.

twosnapsandgo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lafont
Can anyone identify the white (assumably athletic) shoes Shia LaBoeuf wore in the scene where he went to Gekko's apartment the first time? They certainly were eye-catching with that outfit.

Haven't seen the movie yet but I am going to assume athletic, and white leather high end sneakers.

Gucci

Every designer has a high end sneaker now a days.

Ferragamo

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.