1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Walking Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rdawson808, Jul 18, 2006.

1. rdawson808

rdawson808 Distinguished Member

Hi guys,

Any advice for a pair of comfortable yet stylish walking shoes?

I used to wear these Ecco's when on vacation that were very comfortable but they are getting a bit broken down. Even my very cool adidas aren't doing me so good anymore.

Ideally, I could find something in a brown wingtip that was well under $100 and that I could walk in for 3 out of a 6 day holiday. And then another pair for the other three.

Any suggestions? Brands to look at, sites to check? Here are a couple from STP

How about these?
    What do you think of these?

thanks,
    bob

2. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Stylish Dinosaur

Rockports will be comfortable for walking, certainly.

3. Tomasso

Tomasso Distinguished Member

Mephisto makes the top walking shoe. Their City line is Goodyear welted, using high quality aniline leather.

www.mephisto.com

4. gza

gza Senior Member

Rockports will be comfortable for walking, certainly.

Seconded. Rockports were very kind to my feet when on-call in the hospital. Even after 30+ hours without rest, my feet were the last thing to hurt.

5. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

I don't really care for the style of the pairs you posted, but I have two pair of Rockports - a lace-up blucher and a cap-toe that are very comfortable when I have to walk a lot.

6. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Distinguished Member

Taryn Rose is a most comfortable shoe but is not intended for heavy duty walking. For that, I have Doc Martens why have always been comfortable for me--in fact, I have over 50 pairs of them.