1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Walk-Over suede shoes

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by bl@ster, Jun 6, 2011.

1. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

I really enjoy my bucks. the profile is a bit long for me (my feet are already big for my frame) but quality has been awesome so far. had them for a year, worn 2-3x a week, and still going very strong. Going to resole them with a vibram christy sole when they need it :slayer:

2. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Thanks, Bugsy. I hadn't heard of the brand until a month ago. I bumped into them in a store I frequently go to and thought I'd give them a try.

Good to hear they're going strong, mike. Do you have pics? (No comment on your sole plans :).)

3. Bugsy

Bugsy Well-Known Member

NOBD - what retailer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Frans Boone in The Netherlands. They're not in the online store though, I think.

5. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

How's the sizing compares to say, Alden's Barrie Last?

6. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Size up .5 from Barrie

7. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

I only have a Leydon last (Alden unlined chukka's) in size 9. The Walk-Over's are 43.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  8. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

Thanks man [​IMG]

9. Expat Simon

Expat Simon Active Member

There are some Walk Over shoes on threedifferent.com for 59 euros. I just snagged a pair myself.

10. mdm08033

mdm08033 New Member

I just bought a second pair of the Walkover Wright Chukkas. This time in grey suede. I bought my first pair back in April and have worn them twice a week aver since. They are very comfortable, even with my prescription orthotics. I recently got back from a trip to Disney and my feet felt just fine after two 10 hour days on my feet. While they have a safe and secure Vibram sole, they are just dressy enough for work. My second pair is the same model in grey suede. The price during the current sale at Gilt was down to $159. At list price you may prefer AE or Alden but at $159 I think they are a fabulous shoe.

https://www.gilt.com/look/?s_id=4e8...a684f5_1385145109864_1012796856&size_id=10018

I love getting a goodyear welt shoe made in America for well under $200.

Cheers, Michael

11. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

recently had to get my pair resoled. still love them.

[​IMG]

12. mdm08033

mdm08033 New Member

Did you have them resoled locally or did you use Walkover's refurbishing service?

Cheers, Michael

13. Expat Simon

Expat Simon Active Member

I've been keeping an eye on this thread, for a response to Michaels question. I'd also like to know if anybody's had their shoes re-soled by Walkover?

Having lived with my basic suede bucks for a while, I can update -for anybody lurking and considering a pair.

When I first bought them, they arrived with a few bits of excess glue here and there, stuck to the suede uppers, like on the quarters by the lace holes. Picking off the glue residue was possible.
    Being suede, with such a lightweight sole, straight out of the box they were as comfortable (and light) as a pair of trainers/sneakers (and similar money in my case). I wore them a lot through last Summer and Autumn, and just stuck them on today, as it's unseasonably warm.

Basically, I'd buy another pair in a heartbeat. When this particular (soft, brick coloured) sole wears down, I might even pay for a resole. I'm considering a leather sole. It might cost more than the shoes did, but they're so easy to wear, I'm seriously considering it.