• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Walgreens Hangers

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered 6 Walgreens suit hangers and they arrived today. They are absolutely amazing. At 3/$10 I don't see how you can beat these. I know that someone mentioned them in a previous thread, but I wanted to give these an endorsement; they really are a great value.

At $3.33 a pop from Walgreens, it makes me wonder why it is that Zegna sells its suits/sportcoats on plastic hangers.

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
Let's not forget about the Oxxford hanger--as mentioned in Vitals magazine. I'm sure that many members of SF own some or have seen them up close.

3 lbs each? I believe it.

A bit pricier than the Walgreens offering, admittedly.

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like the Oxxford hangers they have a very wide shoulder bar...at the ends of the shoulder; they're fairly thin until the ends. I can't imagine that the difference between an Oxxford and a Walgreens is worth the 10x cost factor. Also, they don't have a wooden bar to clamp over the trouser hanger, but the non-slip device seems to work very well.

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do the pants stay on? Is ther rubber on the bar?

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Someone else first mentioned the Walgreen's hangers, but I've since plugged them, too. They really are great. The shape of the shoulders are exactly what you'd want. I plan to buy more here pretty soon.
thumbs-up.gif

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
I agree that the Oxxford hanger probably doesn't provide "value" for money the way the Walgreens hanger does. But its purpose is not simply utilitarian. It is designed to make an impression on current and prospective Oxxford customers and to be in keeping with Oxxford's status as a top-class brand. The hanger is so heavy, in fact, that I don't think the bar in my closet could support more than 3-4 of them. That's probably a good thing, though.
smile.gif

Phil

Reaction score
I have one Oxxford hanger, and its a work of art. It gets the priveledge of holding my best suit, or at least the one I like the best. When that suit gets replaced, the old one moves to a normal hanger and the new "golden boy" moves onto its rightful place on the throne of the Oxxford hanger.

I have 2 other hangers that are just a hair lower on the food chain, one from Brioni and the other from Isaia. They are just as bulky as the Oxxford, but they are molded plastic (not the cheap kind at all), well shaped, and have velvet across the pant bar to hold them steady.

johnw86

Reaction score
A timely thread. I need some hangers; Hello, Walgreens.
biggrin.gif

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered 6 Walgreens suit hangers and they arrived today.  They are absolutely amazing.  At 3/$10 I don't see how you can beat these.  I know that someone mentioned them in a previous thread, but I wanted to give these an endorsement; they really are a great value.

At $3.33 a pop from Walgreens, it makes me wonder why it is that Zegna sells its suits/sportcoats on plastic hangers.
Mine come on wooden hangers.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Do they have these in the stores? I think I am going to replace all my clamp hangers with this style - the clamps are messing up my hems/cuffs.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Do they have these in the stores? I think I am going to replace all my clamp hangers with this style - the clamps are messing up my hems/cuffs.
Yes, although annoyingly they don't tend to keep very many of them. The last couple of times I've looked for them they'll have maybe two, which doesn't give you the 3 for $10 discount.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads