• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wait a second - creases on flat-front pants?

ColeFieldHouse

Reaction score
Somehow I may have just plain missed the boat on this rule. I've always had my cleaner press them without creases, but I read something recently here or on AAAC that makes me think I've been blissfully ignorant for some time. Should flat front pants have creases pressed into them?

My wife hopes the answer is 'yes', so I can stop hassling her about which pants should and should not get creases at the cleaner.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The answer is generally 'yes', with some exceptions (slim moleskins, khakis, jeans obviously, etc.) Most of the time, yes.

ColeFieldHouse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
The answer is generally 'yes', with some exceptions (slim moleskins, khakis, jeans obviously, etc.) Most of the time, yes.

Well there we go. It's funny how you can end up missing out on things sometimes. Mrs. Cole is a happy camper.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In flat-front trousers, the crease is not taken right up to the waistband, but stops some 6" below.

GeorgePaul

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
I always thought it was just up to preference.
Of course, anyone can wear whatever they prefer, but I think it would be odd (to say the least) to see loose-fitting pin-striped or flannel suit pants without creases.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GeorgePaul
Of course, anyone can wear whatever they prefer, but I think it would be odd (to say the least) to see loose-fitting pin-striped or flannel suit pants without creases.

When you say pin-striped or flannel, I assume you mean suit pants. In that case, I think creased looks much better, but with regular odd pants I think it`s up to preference.

In the case of flannel pants, I don`t think it matters either way, as there are casual flannel and more formal.

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
When you say pin-striped or flannel, I assume you mean suit pants. In that case, I think creased looks much better, but with regular odd pants I think it`s up to preference.
There is aways preference, but I really think the cut of the pants ultimately determines whether they will look godd uncreased or not.

emptym

Reaction score
w/o crease for casual wear, weekends or w/ polo shirts etc.
w/ crease for teaching or w/ button-downs, sport coats, etc.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamburns944