• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Waffle House

Kasper

Reaction score
When I have to travel down south for work my favorite places to eat and hang out is at the local Waffle House. I eat any number of things there but my favorite is their smothered and covered hashbrowns and their raisin toast.
I never fail to make a conversation there even at 1am. Anyone else have any experiences with this chain?

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Madam, we must have waffles! We must all have waffles forthwith!
ladykillers2.jpg

It's a great place. Has a wonderful outposty feel to it.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I loved it when I was travelling. Took my wife there once and she swore she would never set foot in the place again.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love waffles, but only if I make them at home. Have some great recipes.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivan Kipling
I love waffles, but only if I make them at home. Have some great recipes.
Have you ever tried a Waffle House? The texture is damn near perfect.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been to two Waffle House restaurants. The first one I went to was ****. The second one was one of the most amazing breakfasts I've ever had. Moral of the story, if you go to a Waffle House and you don't like it, give another Waffle House a shot.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Having had a proper Belgian waffle I have decided that all other waffles are no longer worth eating.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes yes yes yes yes Kasper! the Waffle House freakin' rules!!! i was doing a lot of travelling for business in '05 mainly to Atlanta, GA and Arlington, TX and i became addicted to the Waffle House. i had a good 20-30 meals there in 10-15 different locations. i'm sure the food will kill me but it was consistenly good at all the locations.

the hash browns are great as are the waffles. i also like the little hamburgers they sell.

most memorable experience was a Waffle House in Tucker, GA. i went in with a friend around 7pm and it was relatively empty. one of the cooks asks us if we want to hear a song. we say "Sure!" and he breaks into this accapella rendition of a Waffle House song which i'm not sure if he wrote or what. but it was freakin' great.

alas, no Waffle Houses in CA and it's a privately owned company so no buying Waffle House shares.

-Jeff

Stax

Reaction score
scattered, smothered, covered and chunked

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 Hours Ago 03:20 PM

I'm glad you like them.
chandelier.gif

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivan Kipling
2 Hours Ago 03:20 PM

I'm glad you like them.
chandelier.gif

That must be the most inscrutable emoticon I've ever seen used. I'm simply saying don't knock it 'till you've tried it.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edward, it doesn't seem like we agree about too many things, does it? I repeat: I'm glad you like Waffle House.

Kasper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamelan
most memorable experience was a Waffle House in Tucker, GA. i went in with a friend around 7pm and it was relatively empty. one of the cooks asks us if we want to hear a song. we say "Sure!" and he breaks into this accapella rendition of a Waffle House song which i'm not sure if he wrote or what. but it was freakin' great.

-Jeff

That sounds like just the type of thing that would happen at a Waffle House. I think I have been to that one in Tucker GA but can't say for sure. Once in Conway SC I came just at the right time as it was an hour before the shift of my waitress (Rachael) ended we got talking and she ended up asking if I wanted to see her family's small farm which I did and even picked some peaches, after I had dessert with her family. Well I haven't been there since but think about that experience alot.

Anyway I also like their pattymelts, but more than the food its something about the atmosphere that keeps me coming back.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kasper

Anyway I also like their pattymelts, but more than the food its something about the atmosphere that keeps me coming back.

totally. i always sit at the counter and the cooks/waiters/waitresses just seem like someone that could be a friend/sister/brother/aunt/uncle/etc. really really friendly people with no attitude. and it was like that at ALL the Waffle Houses i've been to without exception. love the jukeboxes too with the oldies still on them. oh yeah, the fact that the food is cooked there right in front of you is also a nice touch. yep, no bones about that tub of lard that the cook occasionally dips that spatula into. good stuff!

ugh, so missing the Waffle House now.

-Jeff

Kasper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamelan
totally. i always sit at the counter and the cooks/waiters/waitresses just seem like someone that could be a friend/sister/brother/aunt/uncle/etc. really really friendly people with no attitude. and it was like that at ALL the Waffle Houses i've been to without exception. love the jukeboxes too with the oldies still on them. oh yeah, the fact that the food is cooked there right in front of you is also a nice touch. yep, no bones about that tub of lard that the cook occasionally dips that spatula into. good stuff!

ugh, so missing the Waffle House now.

-Jeff

I am a counter person myself. You could always drive to AZ, I think they have locations there. I hate when I have to travel for work to the Dennys only states. I think I need to renegotiate my contract to put some Waffle House provision in it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads