• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

W+H, Wings & Horn, Spruce - Preorder @ peasant

PeasantLLC

Reaction score
I just received confirmation of my w+h (wings and horn, spruce) collection - i expect goods to be here middle of september. below is the collection that is arriving and i am happy to give styleforum first opportunity. preorder any item to guarantee a piece (50% deposit is required today and balance due before shipping)--i will ship the orders immediately when the collection arrives (shipping $9.95 in US). knit l/s tiger fleece shawl collar sweatshirt $132.00 (m, l, xl) knit thermal l/s t-shirt w/shold insert $79 (s,m,l,xl) knit striped fleece new/old sleveless hoodie $165 (m,l,xl) knit l/s heavyweight fleece classic fit new/old zip hoodie $187 (m,l,xl) l/s sweded flc pullover swtshirt $187 (m,l,xl) knit hvywt fleece zip jacket w/ quilted leather shooter $374 (m,l,xl) brian peasant (birmingham, mi) 248.203.6470

xcoldricex

Reaction score
ah i forgot about this store. i'll come in sometime to try things on.

the leather one looks nice, way too $$$ though (does it have any other details? it looks like it does on the sleeves but i can't really tell). also like the pullover.

ddohnggo

Reaction score
is there anything new to the hoodies since the last season that would make them cost $20 more?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ddohnggo
is there anything new to the hoodies since the last season that would make them cost $20 more?

The "New/Old" hoodies are distressed, which is an additional manufacturing cost.

Note that the tiger fleece piece is cheaper.

Also note that everyone, and I mean, everyone, is doing shawl collars this season - Engineered Garments, Rogues Gallery, W+H, just to mention some forum favorites. They may be the new hoodie. But naw, I'm sticking with my hoodies.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I like the sleeveless hoodie a lot.

They've had them before. Would be great for California. Sort of a stylish vest. Just wear it over a long sleeve tee. Definitely don't wear it with a tank.

duofold

Reaction score
I'm with ddohnggo...what's seen here doesn't appear to warrant a $20 markup.

And the distressing...that's too bad. Distressing always strikes me as passed/passing fancy, which set Spruce apart from Ever from last year.

I'll also stick with my Spruce from last season.

Kane

Reaction score
Note that the listed New/Old hoodies aren't just distressed hoodies.

They're a somewhat whimsical piece IMHO. A whole hoodie's been cut in two right down the vertical, and half gets distressed, the other isn't, and then they get put back together. Hence the $20.

The PO Hoodie with the wingled skull is sweater-knit into the fleece fabric. Beautiful texture.

The leather hoodies are nice, but a little pricey. Main detail is the hand-quilted leather patch at the shoulder.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
They've had them before. Would be great for California. Sort of a stylish vest. Just wear it over a long sleeve tee. Definitely don't wear it with a tank.
son of a *****! no smalls
frown.gif
I'm not sure what I'd wear it over. I'm sure I could figure something out though. Maybe a red short sleeve shirt or something. BTW thanks for the rundown Kane. I'm looking forward to seeing this stuff in a local shop down here.

denimaddict

Reaction score
Do you guys only have the shawl collar hoodie in that color? Or are there others? If so, are any of them not tiger fleece?

Roland

Reaction score
Is it true that your company is now just W+H instead of Wings and Horns & Spruce?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roland
Is it true that your company is now just W+H instead of Wings and Horns & Spruce?

Kane is not online right now, so I'm going to answer for him. I'm sure that he'll correct me if I'm off.

W+H replaces Spruce. Actually, they are the same line, but the name was changed to make more clear the relationship between W+H and W&H (Wings & Horns),as well as because of trademark issues. Wings & Horns is a brother brand, with a markedly different brand identity than W+H.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really really like the shawl collar. Shame I can't see it in person, because I'm not certain I could wear it. W+H, get some DC stockists!

denimaddict

Reaction score
Any idea what the shawl collar measures pit to pit in size L?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads