W+H, Wings & Horn, Spruce - Preorder @ peasant

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by PeasantLLC, Sep 1, 2006.

1. PeasantLLC

PeasantLLC Senior member

I just received confirmation of my w+h (wings and horn, spruce) collection - i expect goods to be here middle of september. below is the collection that is arriving and i am happy to give styleforum first opportunity. preorder any item to guarantee a piece (50% deposit is required today and balance due before shipping)--i will ship the orders immediately when the collection arrives (shipping $9.95 in US). knit l/s tiger fleece shawl collar sweatshirt $132.00 (m, l, xl) knit thermal l/s t-shirt w/shold insert $79 (s,m,l,xl) knit striped fleece new/old sleveless hoodie $165 (m,l,xl) knit l/s heavyweight fleece classic fit new/old zip hoodie $187 (m,l,xl) l/s sweded flc pullover swtshirt $187 (m,l,xl) knit hvywt fleece zip jacket w/ quilted leather shooter $374 (m,l,xl) brian peasant (birmingham, mi) 248.203.6470
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PeasantLLC

PeasantLLC Senior member

3. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

ah i forgot about this store. i'll come in sometime to try things on.

the leather one looks nice, way too $$$ though (does it have any other details? it looks like it does on the sleeves but i can't really tell). also like the pullover.

4. ddohnggo

ddohnggo Senior member

is there anything new to the hoodies since the last season that would make them cost $20 more?

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

is there anything new to the hoodies since the last season that would make them cost $20 more?

The "New/Old" hoodies are distressed, which is an additional manufacturing cost.

Note that the tiger fleece piece is cheaper.

Also note that everyone, and I mean, everyone, is doing shawl collars this season - Engineered Garments, Rogues Gallery, W+H, just to mention some forum favorites. They may be the new hoodie. But naw, I'm sticking with my hoodies.

6. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I like the sleeveless hoodie a lot.

7. LA Guy

I like the sleeveless hoodie a lot.

They've had them before. Would be great for California. Sort of a stylish vest. Just wear it over a long sleeve tee. Definitely don't wear it with a tank.

8. duofold

duofold Well-Known Member

I'm with ddohnggo...what's seen here doesn't appear to warrant a $20 markup.

And the distressing...that's too bad. Distressing always strikes me as passed/passing fancy, which set Spruce apart from Ever from last year.

I'll also stick with my Spruce from last season.

9. Kane

Kane Senior member

Note that the listed New/Old hoodies aren't just distressed hoodies.

They're a somewhat whimsical piece IMHO. A whole hoodie's been cut in two right down the vertical, and half gets distressed, the other isn't, and then they get put back together. Hence the $20.

The PO Hoodie with the wingled skull is sweater-knit into the fleece fabric. Beautiful texture.

The leather hoodies are nice, but a little pricey. Main detail is the hand-quilted leather patch at the shoulder.

10. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

They've had them before. Would be great for California. Sort of a stylish vest. Just wear it over a long sleeve tee. Definitely don't wear it with a tank.
    son of a bitch! no smalls [​IMG] I'm not sure what I'd wear it over. I'm sure I could figure something out though. Maybe a red short sleeve shirt or something. BTW thanks for the rundown Kane. I'm looking forward to seeing this stuff in a local shop down here.

11. denimaddict

denimaddict Senior member

Do you guys only have the shawl collar hoodie in that color? Or are there others? If so, are any of them not tiger fleece?

12. Roland

Roland Well-Known Member

Is it true that your company is now just W+H instead of Wings and Horns & Spruce?

13. LA Guy

Is it true that your company is now just W+H instead of Wings and Horns & Spruce?

Kane is not online right now, so I'm going to answer for him. I'm sure that he'll correct me if I'm off.

W+H replaces Spruce. Actually, they are the same line, but the name was changed to make more clear the relationship between W+H and W&H (Wings & Horns),as well as because of trademark issues. Wings & Horns is a brother brand, with a markedly different brand identity than W+H.

14. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I really really like the shawl collar. Shame I can't see it in person, because I'm not certain I could wear it. W+H, get some DC stockists!

15. denimaddict

denimaddict Senior member

Any idea what the shawl collar measures pit to pit in size L?