1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

w+h stock available (NOW)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by PeasantLLC, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

i'm looking for this raf simons hoodie though

[​IMG]

anyone know where in the US it might be carried?

Wow, that thing is a monstrosity. I guess if you were Captain Quasar, Defender of the Xynar Quadrant or an anime character. Something of that nature. I'm pretty progressive but seriously...[​IMG]

2. kronik

kronik Senior member

Wow, that thing is a monstrosity. I guess if you were Captain Quasar, Defender of the Xynar Quadrant or an anime character. Something of that nature. I'm pretty progressive but seriously...[​IMG]

Wow, talk about echoing my thoughts exactly - I was amazed that people stated they actually wanted those things...

3. ayn

ayn Senior member

haha, i guess i'm not getting this one either than, minya... hehe... but what's wrong with YKK zippers? I like RiRi, the Lampo's are cool too, but I'm thinking about getting another LW zipup and that uses YKK... [​IMG]

4. minya

minya Senior member

Yeah, there's nothing really wrong with YKK... they're just ubiquitous. Plus, the Riri logo is much cuter [​IMG]

5. ayn

ayn Senior member

heh, but even DH uses YKK... btw did Kane ever tell us why they switched from RiRi to Lampo?

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

heh, but even DH uses YKK... btw did Kane ever tell us why they switched from RiRi to Lampo?
    Cheaper. Riri are still used on all Wings & Horns pieces. Lampos are top quality zips (a lot of the highest end designers use both on different pieces), but in general, Lampos are cheaper, and easier to order. I would like to see a company make some jackets using vintage Crown zippers. Now those are greased lightening and super strong to boot.

7. drake

drake Senior member

I ordered the shawl hoodie and thermal. I hope they fit *_*

8. LA Guy

I ordered a shawl. Will post pics when I get it.

9. Kane

Kane Senior member

If you guys don't mind, I'd like to see how you all wear and fit in your W+H/W&H stuff just so I have an idea.

Was quite surprised that Minya managed to pull of a small tiger fleece well enough.

10. LA Guy

If you guys don't mind, I'd like to see how you all wear and fit in your W+H/W&H stuff just so I have an idea.

Was quite surprised that Minya managed to pull of a small tiger fleece well enough.

I look awesome. Fine, I'll post pics.

11. minya

minya Senior member

I dyed my purple tiger fleece!

here's a picture of it post-dye:

[​IMG]

12. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

this is last year's classic fit tiger fleece size M (6'0" 155 lbs) [​IMG]

13. LA Guy

Dear DDML,

We have the same fleece. What are the chances? (Actually, seeing all the Engineered Garments stuff we both have, pretty good.) [​IMG]

14. LA Guy

I dyed my purple tiger fleece!

here's a picture of it post-dye:

[​IMG]

Cool, so you did it. What dye did you use? That looks really nice, and very versatile.

15. minya

minya Senior member

Cool, so you did it. What dye did you use? That looks really nice, and very versatile.
    Rit black dye. Kind of messy and kind of a pain, but totally worth it. (I definitely agree it's a lot more versatile now)

Kinda funny that the black dye just turned it a darker shade of purple -- there's really no hint of black in it at all, except some of the white threads turned a sort of charcoal-ish color. Very pleased with the results, though.

16. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Here I am dressed as the Unabomber in the 2005 season's W&H black hoodie. [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. ayn

ayn Senior member

hmm i don't really have a good pic of me rocking my hoodie... here's one taken with a cameraphone when I first got it: [​IMG]

18. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

Rit black dye. Kind of messy and kind of a pain, but totally worth it. (I definitely agree it's a lot more versatile now)

Kinda funny that the black dye just turned it a darker shade of purple -- there's really no hint of black in it at all, except some of the white threads turned a sort of charcoal-ish color. Very pleased with the results, though.

does it bleed at all minya? i remember a long time ago i used rit and it bled everwhere afterwards, i needed to wash it like 50 times...

19. minya

minya Senior member

I rinsed it, then air dried it, then washed it (by itself) and dried it in the dryer... so I'm hoping all the bleeding is done. I'm probably going to handwash it by itself for the next couple of washes to be safe though.

20. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

I rinsed it, then air dried it, then washed it (by itself) and dried it in the dryer... so I'm hoping all the bleeding is done. I'm probably going to handwash it by itself for the next couple of washes to be safe though.

anymore updates on the bleed factor? i'm about to do it to my classic black to get back some old color and maybe throw in the tiger black as well...