1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

w+h stock available (NOW)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by PeasantLLC, Oct 9, 2006.

1. drake

drake Senior member

If you have some time later think you could get the pit to pit measurement and from the collar (neck) to the shoulder seam measrument? I'm in-between M and L usually (medium in American Apparel t-shirts fits my shoulders perfect but they are slightly too tight in the chest but a little stretching fixes them) and don't want to buy/return stuff so I wanna get the size right the first time. Think I should go with a medium in w+h?
    I don't have a measuring tape at the moment, but my current measurements are 39 chest, 30 waist (true waist), and a medium slim fit fits nearly perfectly. There are pics in the WAYWN thread on me wearing a classic fleece from last year. The slim fit this year is similar, maybe very slightly tighter and shorter through the torso.

2. Rome

Rome Senior member

The material they use has a wonderful streching quality which doesnt make the material look like its being streched out terribly. Go with the M.

3. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I dunno... I wear a medium in most tops, but I do a Large in the classic fit Spruce. I think they definitely run pretty small for the size.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I dunno... I wear a medium in most tops, but I do a Large in the classic fit Spruce. I think they definitely run pretty small for the size.

I've seen pictures of you, and you are considerably bigger than I am. Definitely a large, imo. Fitted is good, but skin tight is not.

5. jet

jet Senior member

Better stores tend to buy pretty shallow in hats, because no one wants to spend a bundle just to look like the next guy, and hats pretty much catch the attention at first glance. If you see a hat you like, unless it is by Diesel or Marc Jacobs, or Prada, or one of the gigantic fashion houses, you buy it, because chances of finding it again are pretty slim. Yes, the hat I bought was pretty heavy and solid for a hat. Which is what I like (I like my clothes in heavier, sturdier fabrics, for the most part.)

That Raf Simon's pull is really nice. The toggle and the neckline are both really terrific. If yours doesn't fit you, you can always send it my way. I'd find a way to make it work (for me.)

Yep, nothing interesting in the way of hats b/c all the good stuff was probably gone who knows. I'm not a hat guy yet because I have to nail down the other stuff first. I'll say this though, I looked at a lot of beanies lately and I will say this, the bless one is fantastic. My buddy was wearing a gucci beanie (a gift) and while I love my loafers, the beanie looked quite pedestrian. The bless one is a chunky hand made knit in gray and the same price as his if not a few bucks more. I'll post up pics of some of my goodies when I get them.

Btw, I already nailed the size down for the pull so no chance of it not fitting [​IMG]

6. Rome

Rome Senior member

I normally wear a large top as well but a medium in the W+H classic hoodie while I was wearing a long sleeve shirt underneath fit quite well for me. I would do the slim fit in a large but the classic a size down.

7. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

Fok man you need to get on aim. I saw it at Barney's but they didn't have much of a selection, don't know if a lot had sold or what. I don't remember the side pleats but I think that was it, it was kinda heavy for a hat but well made. I had my sales guy order the raf simons pull from ny since they were out of it [​IMG]

damn, how much was the raf simons piece? and you got it at Barney's? is it wool, cotton, or mix? how heavy is the material?

-Jeff

8. jet

jet Senior member

Sup Jeff, it's a medium thickness cotton just like a sweatshirt and it was pretty pricey at 340 but I had to have it, hopefully he'll be able to locate it for me.

9. ddohnggo

ddohnggo Senior member

that simons piece is the fucking shit.

10. jet

jet Senior member

haha thanks man, I'll try and get pics wearing it of course

11. ddohnggo

ddohnggo Senior member

i'm looking for this raf simons hoodie though

[​IMG]

anyone know where in the US it might be carried?

12. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

hey, what's going on here? so no one wants to order from www.luisaviaroma.com? or is it just more of a hassle than it's worth? bad return policy?

i'll take this:

[​IMG]

-Jeff

13. jet

jet Senior member

barney's carries the hoodie player, it's a little more

I don't know about ordering from them as shipping is 50 bux so you're not saving more than 40 bux or so.

14. minya

minya Senior member

i'm looking for this raf simons hoodie though [​IMG] anyone know where in the US it might be carried?
    This hoodie SUCKS. Sucks, sucks, sucks. Probably the most disappointing garment I've ever owned, especially considering the price. The fabric used is extremely poor - literally on par with the fleece fabric used in H&M sweatshirts, as far as I can tell, both visually and texturally. In addition, the zipper on this piece is the worst zipper I have EVER used. Worse than YKK. Finally, it just looks stupid. I don't know what the hell I was thinking, buying it. I can't imagine it NOT looking pretty much flat-out retarded anywhere except a costume party or a runway. Stay away. I'm never buying a Raf Simons piece again.
    or is it just more of a hassle than it's worth? bad return policy?
    LVR is kind of a hassle because of their insanely high flat shipping fee (50 eur) -- and sometimes you get tagged with duty from Fedex -- but they ship very quickly and their customer service is absolutely impeccable. They go far beyond the call of duty in terms of pleasing their customers. (If you want a jacket like that, I'm actually selling one that looks almost identical [​IMG])

15. ddohnggo

ddohnggo Senior member

thanks for the info minya. i won't be getting that one!

16. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

(If you want a jacket like that, I'm actually selling one that looks almost identical [​IMG])
    minya, tell us how you really feel. heh heh. seriously though, is the jacket you've got on eBay? you got pics? is it somewhere in Buying and Selling? i might be interested. -Jeff

17. ddohnggo

ddohnggo Senior member

i'd be interested too...

18. jet

jet Senior member

Look what you did Minya, I cancelled my order!!!

ps. good lookin out, now I remember why I didn't buy it when I saw it/tried it on...now I got more money for boots heh heh

19. minya

minya Senior member

ha ha. that's good -- it seriously is just not worth the money. Thankfully I'm returning mine -- the zipper is so terrible that Luisaviaroma is accepting a return. (they do have very good customer service.)

the jacket's a wjk/AKM (Japanese brand) canvas M65 that fits exactly like a Dior jacket. It pretty much fits me, but it's just too tight in the upper arms/shoulder area on me. I think it would be best for someone with a 36" chest. (and it's marked a Large.) I've got pictures ready to upload tonight.

20. jet

jet Senior member

Your post reminded me in the disappointment I had with the fabric. I had convinced myself it would soften up after a wash but it did indeed feel cheap to me. My rg shawl neck is the shit comparatively speaking and I'm glad you echoed my thoughts which made me change my mind. Drinks on me buddy.