• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

W+H service boots @Farinellis

Fiddy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Does anyone know if these boots can be safely worn through the metal detectors at an airport, or is there enough metal in them to set it off? I can see the metal nails on the bottom of the sole, and was also wondering if there is any additional steel in the toes, etc.

I realize you likely have to remove your shoes at most US airports. At least last time I flew that's how it was being done. But during my same trip at the airports outside of the US, this was not always the case.

The boots take so long to take on/off that I would hate to do so unless absolutely necessary.

They have to come off @ every airport here in the U.S. regardless.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
one time I was flying up to visit family in buffalo and was wearing my alden chukkas. when I went back to grab them and put them on after walking through the metal detector, the attendant dude looked at me and said 'sweet shoes'

just another day in the life of styleforum??

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried these on in Vancouver. I like the brown ones better. Time to start saving up!

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ummm pretty much every airport in US requires shoes to be taken off. you can pay extra for those express lanes but they are expensive and you have to go through special screenings, etc. to qualify.

so if flying in US, pack your boots

Scoobersti

Reaction score
I think the guy's question isn't regarding US airports. From what I can tell from his post he understands that he has to take his shoes off at US airports, but I think he is wondering if the metal detectors in airports outside of US will beep when he goes through because of the metal in the shoes.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the only metal i'm aware of is the nails. there is none in the toe.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe he may be asking about the presence of a steel shank, like Alden.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a size 9 brown in anyone wants one.

The fall boots have confirmed shipment for late august which really means mid september...
tongue.gif

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ you stay off this thread, sir!
haven't you done enough???

Lachy

Reaction score
I wouldn't wear these boots on a plane, for flying I like to wear comfortable slip on style sneakers or shoes, so I can kick them off easily once seated, and put them on again without mashing my head into the seat in front of me while mucking about with laces. Also, metal detectors are a pain **********. Though they would take up more room in your bag ... a friend once wore snowboard boots on a plane because they wouldn't fit in his bag
crackup[1].gif

Also, I noticed the other day on my blacks that the tongue looks to be that pebbled leather from last season. Makes me think that the boots this season are made from the same leather, just sanded to give it that rougher matte look. Not a complaint by any means, I love them, just interesting is all.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
snowboots on a plane would suck!

I am planning my trip down under very soon!

Lachy

Reaction score
Can you tell us some details yet? Bringing any of your minions?

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they are going to do anymore different leathers?

I would love some black oiled leather service boots.

I might give Dayton a call when I have some time and see what I could do.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am bringing myself for sure. The goat want to go because she thinks I might go "down under" on some aussie chick....lol
Still solidifying things with the factory.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads