• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

W+H hoodies - pictures on Japanese websites now

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know that you guys have all been waiting for these. So, here is a link to some of the new W+H stuff. Hmmm, looks a lot like Spruce stuff. Nice typography though. The branding is obviously kin to, but not the same as, the W&H, Wings & Horns, line.

http://shop.yumetenpo.jp/goods/goods...ction=category

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Nice man, I think I still give the nod to LW. What are you doing up at this time? I love the New england style of EG, just wish we had more of a selection in socal.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
Nice man, I think I still give the nod to LW. What are you doing up at this time? I love the New england style of EG, just wish we had more of a selection in socal.

I am doing laundry.

Yeah, Loopwheeler hoodies are really nice too. However, I'm of the mind that they are not really comparable. Loopwheeler has a very classic aesthetic, with the appeal lying primarily in the material. W+H hoodies have a much more modern, nearly performance sportswear, appeal. The construction and trims are better, but the basic difference comes in the fit. Loopwheelers are meant to fit like classic hoodies. There is deliberately a little more room throughout. W+H hoodies are slim on the body and have a tapered shape, and the long cuffs and hem entend the line, rather than truncating it as the classic sweatshirt shape does.

drake

Reaction score
Does that site sell/ship to America? Anyone know where you can get W+H hoodies in the Bay Area?

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
Anywhere to get these in the tri-state area? For that matter, do we have any members in JP picking up the slack now that xcoldricex is back in the states?

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drake
Does that site sell/ship to America? Anyone know where you can get W+H hoodies in the Bay Area?
Heard that Huf and American Rag will be carrying them (thanks to Minya from the other SF W&H thread). Was at American Rag today and they didn't have anything, since their summer sale's still going on. E-mailed Huf to ask, but don't know if i'll get a response. If you hear anything do me a favor and let me know? Thanks As for the tri-state (again, thanks to Minya): Famous Friends, Fred Segal Manhattan, Nom De Guerre.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I am doing laundry. Yeah, Loopwheeler hoodies are really nice too. However, I'm of the mind that they are not really comparable. Loopwheeler has a very classic aesthetic, with the appeal lying primarily in the material. W+H hoodies have a much more modern, nearly performance sportswear, appeal. The construction and trims are better, but the basic difference comes in the fit. Loopwheelers are meant to fit like classic hoodies. There is deliberately a little more room throughout. W+H hoodies are slim on the body and have a tapered shape, and the long cuffs and hem entend the line, rather than truncating it as the classic sweatshirt shape does.
this is all true, although i thought i might add that LW has a slim hoodie that is very fitted, slim on the body and tapered, complete with long cuffs in a lighter sweater material.

ddohnggo

Reaction score
as per minya, on superfuture:

North American stockists for W&H/W+H, 2006:

American Rag (SanFran, LA)
Carve (LA I believe)
Famous Friends (NYC)
Fred Segal (Manhattan)
Goodfoot (Toronto)
Huf (San Fran)
Kicks (Hawaii)
Nomad (Toronto)
Nom De Guerre (NYC)
Klasse (LA)
Peasant (Michigan)
Uncle Otis (Toronto)

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FAIK, the Japanese retailers got their shipments first. Kane, feel free to add some actual information dude. Inquiring minds want to know. As for purchasing them, Peasant (www.peasantonline.com) will be an SF affiliate once Brian gets back online.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a Fred Segal Manhattan or did he mean Melrose?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics