• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

W+H Classic Fit Hoodie Sizing

DrBeno

Reaction score
Long time member sans posting here...

I'm planning an order through nomad atm and I'm looking at picking up the following three pieces:

W+H Red/black tiger fleece hoodie

W+H Heather grey striped hoodie

W+H pinstriped duffle

Now I'm a bona fide large in last seasons W&H tees and Spruce Classic fit gear.

The question is am I better off with this year's classic fit in a large (big chest and big arms) or this years slim fit in an XL? I read that this year's slim fit is equivalent to last year's classic fit minus one size, and I just wanted to confirm this. I also don't have measurements, just the sizing from last year
plain.gif

That being said (and assuming I can find one) what size would be appropriate in the duffle coat? opinions on colors would be great too (black/grey?).

Thanks beforehand for the advice!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would go with the slim fit - same size as for last year's classic. I have both, the they are not so different - the slim (this years) is slightly shorter and slightly smaller in the chest, but otherwise pretty close to last year's classic. And the long cuffs are now on the slim as well as the classic. Get size large for everything.

As for the Duffel, the black stripe is more versatile, but the grey stripe is more distinctive. Good luck on getting those pieces though.
plain.gif

Originally Posted by DrBeno
Long time member sans posting here...

I'm planning an order through nomad atm and I'm looking at picking up the following three pieces:

W+H Red/black tiger fleece hoodie

W+H Heather grey striped hoodie

W+H pinstriped duffle

Now I'm a bona fide large in last seasons W&H tees and Spruce Classic fit gear.

The question is am I better off with this year's classic fit in a large (big chest and big arms) or this years slim fit in an XL? I read that this year's slim fit is equivalent to last year's classic fit minus one size, and I just wanted to confirm this. I also don't have measurements, just the sizing from last year
plain.gif

That being said (and assuming I can find one) what size would be appropriate in the duffle coat? opinions on colors would be great too (black/grey?).

Thanks beforehand for the advice!

DrBeno

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Good luck on getting those pieces though.
plain.gif

I know.. I'll call them tomorrow and get the order done. Kind of donkey-ish ordering things made in Vancouver back to Vancouver
frown.gif

Thanks for the help, and off-hand would I have better luck at Uncle Otis for the duffel?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know.. I'll call them tomorrow and get the order done. Kind of donkey-ish ordering things made in Vancouver back to Vancouver
frown.gif

Thanks for the help, and off-hand would I have better luck at Uncle Otis for the duffel?

Not sure if Uncle Otis has any Duffels left. I suspect not, since Donnell was one of the only stores to get full runs of slim fit hoodies, including the popular striped ones (thanks for the grey one Donnell!), as well as the duffel and peacoats, and was descended upon by a rabid group of hyenas. You can phone to ask though. Tell him that Fok referred you.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So kind of hijacking this thread, but i can't afford a W+H hoodie, but do want something that fits well (doesn't create that "stomach bulge") and will last me for a while. I'm in college so one sweatshirt is grey or charcoal will be enough for me..any ideas for something cheaper than W+H?

scoon0224

Reaction score
I was just in Uncle Otis a few days ago, and they still had some of the grey duffels. Didn't notice teh black ones.

Dill

Reaction score
As of last weekend, American Rag (SF) had the duffle coat in cream in size medium (or whatever color it was). Huf had the peacoat in medium, but it fit way too tight (for someone who always wears mediums). I was only able to try on classic fit hoodies and while the small was a littke too small in length, the medium was too big in the arms. I really want a black duffle coat, slim fit hoodie and EG bedford jacket this season, but I dont have 1k and even if I did, it's nearly impossible to find all of these items.
frown.gif

DrBeno

Reaction score
New developments... No slim fits available, only classics.
confused.gif

I have a fairly large frame up top (wide shoulders with maybe a 41" chest), so would I be able to get away with a medium in a classic fit?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
confused.gif

I have a fairly large frame up top (wide shoulders with maybe a 41" chest), so would I be able to get away with a medium in a classic fit?

Yeah, if you are bulky muscular up top, with reasonably large biceps, I would say that the medium classic fit would definitely work for you.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
confused.gif

Yeah, if you are bulky muscular up top, with reasonably large biceps, I would say that the medium classic fit would definitely work for you.

DrBeno

Reaction score
Ok, order is finalized:

Heather grey pinstriped duffel (L)

Red/black tiger classic fit hoodie (M)

and...

White shawl collar sweater (L)

The red tiger fleece was literally the last medium W+H hoodie in the shop
smile.gif
and the white shawl collar is going to be replacing my striped fleece hoodie. The shawl collar will be new territory for me, but atleast the W+H one doesn't have the stinkin pocket. Whats you're take on the W+H shawl collar LAG?

Also, complete rep to Nomad, I've shopped there over the past year and the service has been impeccable both in person and over a distance.

I'll post pics when the shipment arrives...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads