• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

W. Bill Green Linen Custom Run

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Forum poster and custom fabric aficionado @~ B ~ is still trying to fill commitments to get a run of green linen from W. Bill off the ground. We need to reach a minimum of 65m, and currently sit at roughly 20m (we need to hit 45m, maybe 30m if B decides to take on additional fabric to sell at a later date). Details for the run, along with a picture of a sample, can be found here.

This is a pretty unique and, IMO, versatile color for linen. It will be 380g (13/13.5oz) in weight. Cost will be roughly around $115 per meter (excluding shipping) I believe. Once the 65m commitment is reached, it should take about 2 months to run the fabric. B would like to set a minimum order at 3m. If you would like to get in on this fabric, just post below with the length of fabric you'd want.

@~ B ~ please let me know of any updates or corrections to what I posted above.

A picture of the sample:

Commitments (Total: 45.5m):
  • DLJr: 4.5
  • Grammaton Cleric: 2m
  • PCK1: 4m
  • PM Request: 8m
  • PM Request: 3.8m
  • unbelragazzo: 3m
  • bertie: 3.5m
  • Cleav: 4m
  • burghler: 4m
  • blueandwhite: 2m
  • unbelragazzo's friend: 3.2m
  • WeakMonday: 3.5m

Last edited:

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
@unbelragazzo
@PCK1
@sebastian mcfox
@Grammaton Cleric
@Newcomer

I think you all expressed interest in this before, so here is an actual effort to make it happen.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will take 4 meters please.

I'm very excited and hope this gets off the ground.

Grammaton Cleric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I will take 4 meters please. 

I'm very excited and hope this gets off the ground.

Seriously. Given all the hubbub surrounding crazy Breanish tweeds and 22oz. jacketings from the LL, I can't imagine why a solid summer staple, in a non-traditional color, is such a hard sell. :slayer:

Last edited:

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

So what's the process for getting a jacket or suit made up in this fabric by Formosa via NMWA?

I did it with the tobacco fresco. Greg sends the cloth to Formosa and they make your jacket/suit. Piece of cake.

I'm going to sleep on it DLjr. I might be in for a jacket length.

Last edited:

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
So what's the process for getting a jacket or suit made up in this fabric by Formosa via NMWA?

I did it with the tobacco fresco. Greg sends the cloth to Formosa and they make your jacket/suit. Piece of cake.
Yeah, I would assume it happens one of two ways. If you want it ASAP it would happen as Murl stated; Ben will have them ship the fabric right to Formosa (I imagine there may be several of those happening) and Greg will have them make your size suit/jacket. The other way is if you want to sit on the cloth for a while, you'd have to ship it to Naples or give it to them during a Bespoke/MTO visit whenever you were ready to have the cloth made up. @gdl203 can obviously jump in here and clarify if I screwed something up.

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
I'm going to sleep on it DLjr. I might be in for a jacket length.
Take your time. Even if we fill this fast, I'm going to keep it open for an extra week and maybe spam a couple other threads so people don't miss out. I'll definitely let you know before we send in orders so you don't miss out.

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
@~ B ~ is reconfirming the parties on his previous list to double check the length we need to reach to get this moving forward. Thus far it has changed from 30m to 45m, unfortunately, but things seem to be moving well with interest here. Also there is a chance we may move ahead at 30m with B taking on the additional length to sell at a later date. Anyway, things seem to be going well, thanks for the responses everyone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads