Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

W. Bill Green Linen Custom Run

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by DLJr, Jun 25, 2015.

1. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

@DLJr I'm in, but still haven't heard anything from Ben. And remember the 3.2m for my friend. Thanks again for organizing.

2. DLJr

DLJr TWAT Master.

I got him on the list, he is at 3.6m now (he had PM'd me). Everyone should hear something from Ben once I hand this off to him.

3. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

:fistbump:

4. ~ B ~

~ B ~ Senior member

Sorry @unbelragazzo, I'm in the process of contacting everyone and will be sending you a PM today or tomorrow.

Could I trouble anyone who hasn't yet PMed me their preferred form of payment (paypal or bank wire) to PM me as soon as convenient?

Also, Harrisons can only cut in 0.75m increments, so if no one objects then I'll automatically round up anyone who has lengths in between (eg 3.6m) to the next 0.75m (so 3.6m becomes 3.75m, 3.8m becomes 4m)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015

5. ~ B ~

~ B ~ Senior member

Regarding the navy glenplaid with tan overcheck, at this stage I'm just asking for in-principle commitments - ie you're seriously interested and will be in for the cloth (let me know desired length, 2m minimum please to keep things sane) barring any catastrophic result, which is highly unlikely. Once the sample is ready and I post pics, you can still pull out if it's not to your liking.

Basically how we did this green linen run, but just a little more efficiently. Hopefully I can put the order in before November so we can have our suits by spring.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015

6. DLJr

DLJr TWAT Master.

@~ B ~ can you just clarify with people their rounded up length when you send out payment info?

Thanks

7. ~ B ~

~ B ~ Senior member

Will do @DLJr!

8. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

@DLJr

I noticed you're getting 4.5m...

what are your plans for having this made up? are you going to have a waistcoat made with that amount? double-breasted?

or you just like having extra?

p.s. im still waiting on ben too.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015

9. DLJr

DLJr TWAT Master.

I'm getting a 2nd pair of pants made. I'm using Formosa, so I'll get a pair of their typical cut for odds, then I'm going to have a pair of high waisted to be worn with the jacket. I like the idea of this color for a pair of more casual odd pants.

I'm giving people a few days to see this and get back to me. Just had someone confirm that they were out, so I want to give it a day or two more just to make sure before passing it to Ben.

10. DLJr

DLJr TWAT Master.

Updated list. I'm going to give this to Ben Thursday so if I need to change anything, please let me know.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015

11. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

I'm getting concerned about the reliability of this order and getting it set up. I'm pretty surprised there has been such a long delay.

12. ~ B ~

~ B ~ Senior member

Hey PCK1, I'll be confirming the order on Monday with WBill. We were delayed a couple days because of waiting for some people to confirm, and some people hopping on at the last minute. I held off on sending PMs for the moment (I think I haven't replied to yours yet, sorry about that) but will be resuming sending out PMs today. Everyone should be replied to by end Sunday. Again sorry all for any delays and inconveniences.

13. DLJr

DLJr TWAT Master.

I'll take the blame on this. We are expecting our first child this week and ive been slacking on the organization of the order. I've over promised given my time constraints, and that's my fault. I got some last minute requests out to Ben today, and I think we are full steam ahead at this point. I'm sorry I haven't been up to par on my promises in this thread.

14. ~ B ~

~ B ~ Senior member

Not at all Don! You've been a huuuge help with helping me organize everything, and we all know that a new baby takes priority over a custom cloth run (or does it... hmmm). In any case, a few days doesn't affect the timing much at all, I'll just try to get Harrisons to hurry up a bit. Don't worry friends, we are definitely full steam ahead at this point! :slayer:

15. ~ B ~

~ B ~ Senior member

Ok guys, by now everyone should have been PMed with details. Let me know if anyone hasn't! Thanks to all for joining in with this incredible cloth, and for your patience in waiting. It will be worth it!

As an aside, I also have some custom run cloth from last year ready to ship -
    1. Rangoon navy chalkstripe, made to higher specs by me than the historical Rangoon (140 SGD/m)
    2. Bonfanti canary yellow stripe etamine weave linen-cotton (55 euro/m)
    3. Bonfanti sky blue check or stripe etamine weave linen-cotton (55 euro/m)
    4. Bonfanti puppytooth 170/2 twill cotton (55 euro/m)

So far, the Navy Glenplaid Linen with mid-brown overcheck is filling up quickly. Once we hit the minimum we can go ahead too, and it shouldn't be ready much longer after this Racing Green Linen.

I'm also thinking of a solid Dark Purple Linen - it will look like navy until very up close, and be subtle enough to wear as a suit. Just the right amount of panache and elan.

And looking forward, I'm likely going to do another run of Rangoon in solid navy or mid-grey, and another in navy glenplaid.

All the finished cloths or cloth samples can be seen on my ancient blog in my sig