• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

W. Bill Green Linen Custom Run

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

@Concordia
Given the sample pics, are you still interested in the 4m?
Not for 4m. Let me contemplate the remaining 2 before signing off on it.

[BTW, if you ever decide to help Ben get organized on these orders again, I'd love some more Bonfanti linen/cotton.]

Last edited:

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Not for 4m. Let me contemplate the remaining 2 before signing off on it.

[BTW, if you ever decide to help Ben get organized on these orders again, I'd love some more Bonfanti linen/cotton.]
Sounds good. And yeah I'll give you a heads up, I'm actually upset I missed out on the shirting. Timing just wasn't right for me.

blueandwhite

Reaction score
Sounds good. And yeah I'll give you a heads up, I'm actually upset I missed out on the shirting. Timing just wasn't right for me.

Last time I messaged him he did mention that he has quite a few of those Bonfanti shirtings to collect subscriptions for. Should have some sort of a kickstarter for this type of things I reckon

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
I'm just confirming all the lengths with those of you who have requested them and I'll give B the list once I have them confirmed. If you were on the fence before, get your orders in if you want this fabric. B is confirming details on the fabric with W Bill currently.

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
I sent an email to B with a list of everyone's desired length. I'm hoping he'll be contacting everyone soon with details on the next steps. I'll be away for the weekend, but I'll be checking in with B again next week to make sure everything is moving forward, or at least get any updates.

Thanks everyone.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I sent an email to B with a list of everyone's desired length. I'm hoping he'll be contacting everyone soon with details on the next steps. I'll be away for the weekend, but I'll be checking in with B again next week to make sure everything is moving forward, or at least get any updates.

Thanks everyone.

No, thanks to you man for setting this up, well done DL :slayer:

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
B will be contacting everyone about their preferred method of payment. Things are moving along.

@Concordia should I have B contact you about the 2m or are you out?

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Out. Thanks.

Benjamin Chee HH

Reaction score
Hi guys! Firstly my apologies for being totally MIA from this thread. I had a leg injury a couple months ago and have been in and out of hospital since. Thankfully it's recovering well. So if I haven't replied to your PM in ages, then please accept my huge apologies, and I will get round to replying in the coming two weeks.

So an update on this gorgeous new cloth of ours! We are now well over the minimum required, and I'm currently finalizing details with WBill/Harrisons. The swatch that was posted by Don above was actually made for me in 2013, before the Harrisons buyover of WBill. So we've had to get a new one done, since lots of things have changed with the company and their suppliers. Pics shown below in artificial and natural light. If no one has any objections, then we'll move ahead with this in 380g.

We can still accept new takers for this racing green linen, so just PM Don or me if you want to join in!

At this stage, what I need from you guys is to PM me on whether you prefer Paypal or bank wire. I will reply to all of you with the relevant payment details. Delivery will be 2 months from confirmation of the cloth order, and the individual cloth lengths will be sent out directly from Harrisons. Because they're doing me this favour, full payment will have to be made upfront to them as this now basically becomes a cut length order.

Anyway I will update you guys whenever there're any developments. We're also going to start several other cloth runs, like a very dark purple linen (looks like navy until very close) and a navy glenplaid linen with tan overcheck. For those of you who subscribed to my light grey glenplaid linen with sky blue overcheck back in 2013, you'll know how awesome this navy glenplaid will look!

Apart from suitings/jacketings, I'm also doing some Bonfanti custom shirtings @Concordia. PM for details. And uh.. a whole new menswear brand in the coming few weeks... :D

And also, we're going to have an early start on some custom run tweeds and flannels for the imminent fall and winter.

A huge thanks to @DLJr for helping me out with the communications and logistics too :slayer:

Have a wonderful week everyone,

Ben

Last edited:

Benjamin Chee HH

Reaction score
Artificial light...

and Natural light...

Benjamin Chee HH

Reaction score
Hey guys, an update on this green linen...

After sorting out various details with WBill and the mill, we're now good to go ahead with this order. The cloth will be ready in 2 months' time after full payment. Price is confirmed at the Sing dollar equivalent of 77 GBP/m.

One question - would you all be okay with going a shade darker? A couple guys have PMed me to say that they think the swatch above is a bit too light. If no one raises any objections, I will go ahead and make the cloth a shade darker.

Another thing, if you haven't yet PMed me your preferred mode of payment (bank wire or Paypal) then please do. For those who have PMed me, I've seen them and will be sending you payment info very soon. My apologies for not replying to your PMs, if I haven't yet!

For the other custom run cloths (navy glenplaid linen with tan overcheck, Rangoons, Bonfanti shirtings etc) I'll be posting more details soon, probably over here to keep things simple. Stay tuned!

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
I"m good with either, I'll defer to the group. Thanks for the update, B!

There is one more person who is going to hop on the Racing Green, just waiting for the length needed. I think he may have messaged you already though. Anyway, glad this is moving along.

Benjamin Chee HH

Reaction score
Hey guys, here's the latest swatch that WBill did up for me, a shade darker than the previous one. This IMHO is closer to classic racing green.

If everyone is okay with this, then I'll start sending out the payment info and replying to all unanswered PMs, and we'll proceed with full production of the cloth. It's gonna be superb when it's finished! :slayer:

On a related note, if anyone's interested in getting in on a new run of WBill navy glenplaid linen (or air force blue) with a tan overcheck in this same 13.5 oz weight, then just let me know by replying below or by PMing me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads