1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

VTG 1950's RARE Florsheim Imperial Pebble Grain Longwing Gunboat Spectators Double Sole US 8.5 D

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by jivyivy, Jan 12, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jivyivy

jivyivy Well-Known Member

VTG 1950's Florsheim Imperial Longwing Spectators, Size 8.5 D.

Just bought these beauties on eBay earlier this week and I'm already having some buyer's remorse; albeit nothing to do with the shoes themselves. Admittedly, I've never worn spectators before, but these are an incredibly rare and interesting cross between the usual, elegant two-tone wingtip oxfords of the 1930's (think Fred Astaire!) and the clunky, heavy duty mid-century style battleships of the 50's Ivy League era! Note the very nice detail of the gold colored welt stitch. They are in pristine condition; as close to "new old stock" as you'll find from a shoe of this vintage. Soles are 100% original. Uppers are mint; it's unlikely that these were worn much at all. See photos for details. Price is non negotiable. I'm asking only what I purchased them for (negotiated down from higher asking) and no profit is being made off this sale. I'm selling because I can't justify the purchase given how little I would probably wear these; these are damn sexy shoes and it was a shameless impulse buy. As much as I love them, I'm just not a two-tone kind of guy and I wouldn't want these to collect dust in my closet waiting for the odd occasion to be shown off. My loss is your gain however; you aren't likely to find another pair, in any size, in similar condition! Message me for additional photos and I'll be happy to provide them.

Attached Files:

• l1.jpg
      l1.jpg
      File size:
      239.9 KB
      Views:
    • l2.jpg
      l2.jpg
      File size:
      276.8 KB
      Views:
    • l3.jpg
      l3.jpg
      File size:
      259.3 KB
      Views:
    • l4.jpg
      l4.jpg
      File size:
      233.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016

2. razl

razl Senior member

3. jackster145

jackster145 Senior member

i wear uk 7 and eu 41 for most English and European shoes, will these fit?

thank you @jivyivy

4. jivyivy

I really couldn't say but these do fit "true-to-size" so according to all of the international shoe size conversion charts a UK size 7 would translate to a US size 9 and EUR 41 seems to be the equivalent of a US 8. That's quite a difference so it sounds like you're either using different types of shoes to compare... or you have a whole lot of wiggle room!

If you wear shoes that fall between a size 8 and 9 US (UK 7 and EUR 41) then you're probably closer to a US 8.5 which would make these a perfect fit.

See here: http://www.shoesizingcharts.com/
    And here: http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes.html

That said, the length of the sole measures 12 1/16".

The width of the heel (at widest point) measures 3 5/8".

The width of the sole at the vamp (also at widest point) measures 4 11/16".

The width of the sole at the toe cap (also at widest point) measures approx 3 7/8".

You could probably walk into any men's shoe shop that sells contempo Florsheims and try on a pair of US 8.5 D to get a better idea of fit. I don't think the last has changed much if at all, over the years. Quality of build is a different story though!

Anyhow, please check those measurements against your foots. You could always stand on a piece of paper and have someone trace your foot for accuracy. Then measure the length and width against the measurements that I provided above. Let me know if that helps.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016

5. frankmartin

frankmartin Well-Known Member

6. jivyivy

Yes, still available. Same set price.
    Thx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.