Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by voxsartoria, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Xiaogou

Xiaogou Senior member

I am going to plaster this image allover your site.

The minimum order serves as the ticket to the clown's circus.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

I am going to plaster this image allover your site.
    Not if I beat you to it.

3. barims

barims Senior member

You just blew my mind: I think that is exactly it...thank you for putting shape to my amorphous discomfort.

Even among many of the pics that I thought were interesting this week, there is a widespread migration away from coat and tie. I think that you are right that a lot of men falter in not having tailored clothes good for the summer. The demand on creativity and style when you try to combine tailored cothing items with more casual items (a knee jerk response to lacking summer wear) is daunting, and rather difficult to execute convincingly.

- B

Yes, I do agree with this perspective. The fact of the matter is, elegance is more difficult to achieve the warmer it gets. And even though my aesthetic has been in place for some time, I usually set it aside in warmer weather for comfort's sake. But I will endeavour to rise to the challenge this time round. And it helps that we have variable weather all year round

Thanks for the inclusion

4. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

was there any RLBL?

5. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

was there any RLBL?

No. I had to use Phatty pics. BTW, just got the D-LUX...it's nice.

I still love my old boxy Minilux, though...still use that for B&W film.

- B

6. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

No. I had to use Phatty pics. BTW, just got the D-LUX...it's nice.

I still love my old boxy Minilux, though...still use that for B&W film.

- B

- I loved my old Minilux & only used for B&W as well! Man that fell into the river a few times whilst fly-fishing & survived..

7. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Yes, I do agree with this perspective. The fact of the matter is, elegance is more difficult to achieve the warmer it gets. And even though my aesthetic has been in place for some time, I usually set it aside in warmer weather for comfort's sake. But I will endeavour to rise to the challenge this time round. And it helps that we have variable weather all year round

Thanks for the inclusion

Yes- and I'd conjecture that, while well fitted coats and suits can help emphasize a good physique, they most often make up for people's physical shortcomings.

So you get persons who look great in their suits, out of them reveal that they lack muscle or are fat or just average etc... very challenging to hide in a polo shirt [​IMG]

8. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

- I loved my old Minilux & only used for B&W as well! Man that fell into the river a few times whilst fly-fishing & survived..

You fwocker...I have a set of pics somewhere where I toss a purely accidental but near perfect cast outside of Banff. It's hilarious.

- B

9. JPHardy

JPHardy Senior member

Yes- and I'd conjecture that, while well fitted coats and suits can help emphasize a good physique, they most often make up for people's physical shortcomings.

So you get persons who look great in their suits, out of them reveal that they lack muscle or are fat or just average etc... very challenging to hide in a polo shirt [​IMG]

So true, so true.

So Vox, what are you (we) needing more of? The same suit and tie looks, but with the summer flair?

I'll need to work on that.

Thanks for all your post, comments etc. I have no idea how you do it.

JP

10. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

I am dejected.. the only time I ever show up in vox's thread is for shoes.. [​IMG]

Are you trying to tell me something Bill?

11. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

So Vox, what are you (we) needing more of? The same suit and tie looks, but with the summer flair?

I'll need to work on that.

Thanks for all your post, comments etc. I have no idea how you do it.

JP

+1

12. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

You continue to blow my mind.

The warmer months are a time where fabrics, colors, and combinations...and lighteheartedness...can infuse tailored clothing in a way that is often impossible the rest of the year. Why not take advantage of that?

I am dejected.. the only time I ever show up in vox's thread is for shoes.. [​IMG]

Are you trying to tell me something Bill?

I've also put in a couple of closeups, I think.

I'm still working on the Powerpoint presentation...

- B

13. _AMD

_AMD Senior member

What the hell is going on here? It's almost noon on Friday, and there is no update to this thread from Vox. I am losing faith in SF.

Aaron

14. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

What the hell is going on here? It's almost noon on Friday, and there is no update to this thread from Vox. I am losing faith in SF.

Aaron

Shouldnt this be the end of the month version?

15. _AMD

_AMD Senior member

Shouldnt this be the end of the month version?

Yes, you are right. This is even more alarming. Who should we contact, the MA State Police, the FBI, CIA, NSA? How high up does this need to go?

Aaron