1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by voxsartoria, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Obsession implies not being able to stop...as I am going to do starting today.

- B

Your shining smile shattered your camera?

2. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

Your shining smile shattered your camera?

Neah...I'm busy with some stuff that requires close attention in the next month or so, and my mornings are going to be packed.

Same thing happened last year...after posting pics for about two months, I was absent for about ten before gracing the storied panorama of human folly known as WAYWRN again about two months ago.

- B

3. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

WOW! Two weeks in a row now! I'm either doing something very right or very wrong...either way I'm glad to have made the cut [​IMG]

4. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Neah...I'm busy with some stuff that requires close attention in the next month or so, and my mornings are going to be packed. Same thing happened last year...after posting pics for about two months, I was absent for about ten before gracing the storied panorama of human folly known as WAYWRN again about two months ago. - B
    Of course we all noticed, but newbies need to be reminded that there was once a time when you were not here and those dark days might return again if they don't eat their peas.

5. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Of course we all noticed, but newbies need to be reminded that there was once a time when you were not here and those dark days might return again if they don't eat their peas.

I'm not sure if I want to comtemplate SF without Vox's presence.

6. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

Zzzzzzzzzz.... [​IMG] [​IMG]- B
    Striped suits! Much better than taking pics in a mirror. Who takes these for you?

7. voxsartoria

Of course we all noticed, but newbies need to be reminded that once you were not here.

I should still have time for snark.

That's really the important thing, anyway.

- B

8. voxsartoria

Striped suits!

Much better than taking pics in a mirror. Who takes these for you?

Camera is on a timer. Here's a Brioni MTM chalk stripe for you that might have missed:

[​IMG]

Not snoozy.

I think that I have much of my new bespoke solids nailed down at this point, so I will be doing a few patterned suits in the coming year to begin replacing my old RTW/MTM patterned suits (although I will keep the Brioni above.) Maybe a black suit with a strongly demarcated white bead.

There will be windowpanes as well, so you might need to avert your eyes.

- B

9. Film Noir Buff

Camera is on a timer. Here's a Brioni MTM chalk stripe for you that might have missed: [​IMG] Not snoozy. I think that I have much of my new bespoke solids nailed down at this point, so I will be doing a few patterned suits in the coming year to begin replacing my old RTW/MTM patterned suits (although I will keep the Brioni above.) Maybe a black suit with a strongly demarcated white bead. There will be windowpanes as well, so you might need to avert your eyes. - B
    Ah, maybe I should be a stand for my camera. I asked because I wont take mirror photos and it's difficult to get people to take enough photos of you without arousing their suspicion. Yes, more stripes. I don't dislike windowpanes, I don't want to wear them for formal occasions but they're alright in a single breasted and on other people. I might wear a low contrast windowpane but I never bother except this one suit I have. You do a very good Kouros pose btw.

10. voxsartoria

You do a very good Kouros pose btw.

Some Sviglia clients really like it.

- B

11. Film Noir Buff

Some Sviglia clients really like it. - B
    Yeah, we have a lot of art frans. Keep em coming. What do you have like 50 suits now? Get some shirts and ties! Is that pocket square that Georgia OKeefe lady?

12. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Where do the girls come from, did we get female members or something or did the "my GF, let me show you her" mentality catch on after the fucknu/online business guido thread? Also did Yachtie lose like 25 pounds?

Yes & Yes. Apparently. I can't say I disapprove of either outcome.

It's funky that my 70s inspired outfit made the cut for this week. My favourite outfit from this week is probably Sterling Gillette's turtleneck look. Precise but still relaxed - tricky thing to pull off so well!

13. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Maybe a black suit with a strongly demarcated white bead.

Say what now?

[​IMG]

14. voxsartoria

Keep em coming. What do you have like 50 suits now? Get some shirts and ties!

Is that pocket square that Georgia OKeefe lady?

Shirts are next. I have sworn to solve my shirt problem by the end of the summer.

And the square is this one...

[​IMG]

...sig should be legible.

It's funky that my 70s inspired outfit made the cut for this week.

Well done.

Say what now?

Crisp. Black. Dangerous. Guaranteed to get pummelled by the Nacci-ists. Delightful. Classic. English.

- B

15. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Shirts are next. I have sworn to solve my shirt problem by the end of the summer.

[​IMG]

That's a great square. I'm not sure if white people and giraffes ever actually coexisted in nature outside of zoos but nice regardless.

Crisp. Black. Dangerous. Guaranteed to get pummelled by the Nacci-ists. Delightful. Classic. English.

- B

I wait with bated breath.

16. voxsartoria

That's a great square. I'm not sure if white people and giraffes ever actually coexisted in nature outside of zoos but nice regardless.

I coexist with giraffes, but only briefly while in battle, mano a hoofo.

- B

17. ZON_JR

ZON_JR Senior member

[​IMG]

...sig should be legible.

- B

I was hoping to be the first one in with a Tammis Keefe hankie. Good job. Now I'm forced to settle for souvenir Rockefeller Center squares.

18. voxsartoria

I was hoping to be the first one in with a Tammis Keefe hankie. Good job. Now I'm forced to settle for souvenir Rockefeller Center squares.

You can be the first if you really want. I am perfectly happy to forget about wearing them for ten years or so.

- B

19. Film Noir Buff

You can be the first if you really want. I am perfectly happy to forget about wearing them for ten years or so. - B
    We like Tammy! [​IMG]

20. b&m

b&m Well-Known Member

Parker is the winner this week, for sure; [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm stunned to be included my first week. Thanks Vox!