1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by voxsartoria, Feb 13, 2009.

1. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Merde. Nice job f*cking up my little thread, Trini.
    This thread makes no sense at all to me.
    LOOK AT WHAT I HAVE WROUGHT!

2. mmkn

mmkn Senior member

It would be more accurate to say that I am an example of the Peter Principle.

Calling "Peeet-Errrh Puuur-Fect" to Peter Principle's rescue!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- M

3. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

I wish to take out an annual subscription. I presume I qualify for a free set of Manton-approved steak knives.

I understand the rabbit steak knives were available to the first five callers only.
    You get one sock. Right or left? Your choice.

4. Mildly Consumptive

Mildly Consumptive Senior member

Oh, fresco is not so bad if your thighs don't rub together as you walk.

Bwa!

And it really isn't that expensive to buy 5 of them if your brain cells dont rub together when you think.

Weak. Very weak.

5. binge

binge Senior member

Oh, fresco is not so bad if your thighs don't rub together as you walk.

How disappointing...I was looking for a warm-weather alternative to corduroy. They hear me zippin'...they hatin'

6. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

I understand the rabbit steak knives were available to the first five callers only.
    You get one sock. Right or left? Your choice.

A single sock? The symbolism to what this thread became is painfully acute. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

How disappointing...I was looking for a warm-weather alternative to corduroy. They hear me zippin'...they hatin'

It's a plus-minus thing. Sure, if your thighs rub together as you walk in fresco trousers, it makes a racket and then fuzzes up.

But, once it fuzzes up, instead of the sandpaper on sandpaper sound, it sounds more like that peculiar soft cooing that I've read that rabbits make when they are content.

I can't speak to this first hand since my thighs do not rub together, nor have I kept rabbits...pet rabbits and pigeons being more of a New Yorker thing.

- B

8. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

It's a plus-minus thing. Sure, if your thighs rub together as you walk in fresco trousers, it makes a racket and then fuzzes up.

But, once it fuzzes up, instead of the sandpaper on sandpaper sound, it sounds more like that peculiar soft cooing that I've read that rabbits make when they are content.

I can't speak to this first hand since my thighs do not rub together, nor have I kept rabbits...pet rabbits and pigeons being more of a New Yorker thing.

None of this would be an issue wth cream linen.

9. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Do you still hear the rabbits, Clarice?

10. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Why are you still talking about this? Have you ordered the suit yet? I want to envy you. It will make me feel better about myself.

11. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Ok:

1) Thread started with Vox selection of pics he liked, it was appreciated.

2) We discussed some stuff about AA and I think it went well.

3) The "I don't get it" crowd jumped in and now the thread is DT material.

I blame the lower classes.

12. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

I blame the lower classes.

They're breeding like rabbits.

13. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Another problem with cream is that you can wear the trousers seperately, but not the jacket. What goes with a cream jacket? Dead white, very light gray, and perhaps tan, if there is sufficient contrast. None of those is surefire.

A deep tan linen coat, however, is easily worn with a variety of trousers.

14. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Another problem with cream is that you can wear the trousers seperately, but not the jacket. What goes with a cream jacket? Dead white, very light gray, and perhaps tan, if there is sufficient contrast. None of those is surefire. A deep tan linen coat, however, is easily worn with a variety of trousers.
    Doc Holliday has a nice looking cream hemp jacket for sale right now. I confess, I have one cream jacket already, and I don't wear it much. But I'm not convinced that a deep tan linen coat is more versatile as an odd jacket. I've never done it, nor has it occurred to me to do so. Maybe I lack imagination.

15. Manton

Doc Holliday has a nice looking cream hemp jacket for sale right now. I confess, I have one cream jacket already, and I don't wear it much. But I'm not convinced that a deep tan linen coat is more versatile as an odd jacket. I've never done it, nor has it occurred to me to do so. Maybe I lack imagination.

I think it is just easier to pair with odd trousers, that's all. I suppose the philistines would just pair cream with blue, but I can't bring myself to do that.

16. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think it is just easier to pair with odd trousers, that's all. I suppose the philistines would just pair cream with blue, but I can't bring myself to do that.
    Gray. Flannel even.

17. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Red?

18. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Another problem with cream is that you can wear the trousers seperately, but not the jacket. What goes with a cream jacket? Dead white, very light gray, and perhaps tan, if there is sufficient contrast. None of those is surefire.

A deep tan linen coat, however, is easily worn with a variety of trousers.

Gray. Flannel even.
    +1

Red?
    +5 (this would have been my first contribution)

Also brown or "havana" brown.

None of this detracts from manton's principal point that a cream linen suitcoat has a harder life as a sportcoat than a tan linen one (or a blue or brown one).

19. Manton

Gray is fine if it is very light. Light gray linen is hard to find, but lucky me, I have five yards.

Red and brown are good suggestions and I salute you both.

20. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Red?

I like this idea. Maybe I should buy Doc's jacket to wear with some reds...