• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
How about appointing a new WAYWRN editor each week? The previous week's editor appoints the next week's. We get to see what different people choose. Everyone still gets to comment, agree, disagree, post pictures of cats talking, etc.

That's a great idea.

I appoint you for next week. When you're done, you appoint the next person, and so on.

I still think focusing on the daily column would be the best thing.

- B

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
That's a great idea.

I appoint you for next week. When you're done, you appoint the next person, and so on.

- B

Nice idea.

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a great idea. The last week of each month should always go back to vox though.

That's a great idea.

- B

Neofinitia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If we know who the judge is before hand, we can adjust the couture accordingly for the week.

The pic of the week winner gets to be the judge for the following week.

I am having a premonition.

We will only have two judges: Vox and PG

You would still be on the hook, Vox. Ha ha!

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neofinitia
You would still be on the hook, Vox. Ha ha!

No way: I'm out. It's now gdl for the daily, and Athenian-style electoral office for the weekly, should people care to continue it.

The pseudo-monthly column I will keep to myself.
devil.gif

Also, it is a standing rule of the weekly column that I am excluded...not that I do not presumptively exclude myself through my choices.

- B

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Parker has a cool idea. To prevent an individual from winning every week simply say they aren't eligible to judge for another X number of weeks.

let X = 5

Then they aren't eligible to judge for another 5 weeks. See how that works? Now we only need to discuss X.

X~U(0,10)

Neofinitia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To add a bit of spin, the judge gets to decide an element for the week i.e. color, pattern, exposed body hair (or without) as a degree of difficulty to compound the base scores.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neofinitia
To add a bit of spin, the judge gets to decide an element for the week i.e. color, pattern, exposed body hair (or without) as a degree of difficulty to compound the base scores.

Reminds me of the old Kent Wang sponsored contests we used to have around here. Those were mostly colors as I recall. Still interesting though.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't think of the selections as "winners", just as someone's favorite looks (or photos) that week. As for choosing the next "editor" Vox can decide whether it's by appointment or by fave photo from previous week. I'll go first. The week starts.... right now!

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
I don't think of the selections as "winners", just as someone's favorite looks (or photos) that week. As for choosing the next "editor" Vox can decide whether it's by appointment or by fave photo from previous week. I'll go first. The week starts.... right now!

Yay! I like it.

- B

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a great idea.

- B

I think the proper term is "anoint"

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ok first, this is a lot more time consuming than I thought. Kudos to vox for keeping this up so long. I think we've all enjoyed the reader's digest format. Second, this thread may become totally irrelevant since gdl has started the Look of the Day thread, but maybe not. I'll hand the editor job over to someone else next week and see how it goes. Anyway, here are my picks. Remember "Subjective and Totally Unfair". :)

91571504.jpg

47649568.png

03bu.jpg

55604385.jpg

70463022.jpg

camoo.jpg

p1010637u.jpg

26192569.jpg

s7308082.jpg

34046215.jpg

43154916.jpg

71166400.jpg

My Pick of the Week:

89888379.jpg

Sidebar: there were some nice tie, shirt, ps combos this week, even if a few were a little "matchy-matchy". Here are my fave combos. Looking good for the middle of summer everyone.

squares.jpg

Phat Guido's Thought of the Weekâ„¢:

FUK, I missed the double macchiato's in Sydney!

pg1i.jpg

pg2s.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads