1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by voxsartoria, Feb 13, 2009.

1. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

It is, indeed, a gorgeous day.

It is, had a nice walk through the neighborhood and lunch was great.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

good digest Vox. lol @ everyone having a kick off biggest pot ... there is a bigger one next to it, so i might go back there again for another shot soon.

thx for the add ... and looking forward to the pious snark from Rev.

3. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

[​IMG]

I hope that you have even better luck at dinner.

If neither of my earlier recommendations are appealing as an experiment, No. 9 and Clio are reliable bets.

- B

4. dv3

dv3 Senior member

Vox, you should go give TC a nice "how ya doin" since he is in town. Send my regards as well.

5. TC (Houston)

[​IMG]

If neither of my earlier recommendations are appealing as an experiment, No. 9 and Clio are reliable bets.

- B

Thanks again. I'm sort of at the mercy of the wishes of the folks that I'm entertaining, but if at all possible I will try to make use of your recommendations.

6. mjHession

mjHession Senior member

LOL [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Wow. Worst in class three out of five days. Thank you. I'm honored by the recognition...

I feel slightly better, knowing I only got one worst and a most hairy.

Most hirsute:

[​IMG]
    Worst shoes:

[​IMG]

I know the basket weaves are not so popular here, but I actually like these shoe so [​IMG] to those that don't. As for the hairiness, its a def. [​IMG] [​IMG]. A trim is most certainly needed, but I sure I'd still be worthy of the Most Hirsute award even after. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. TC (Houston)

A trim is most certainly needed, but I sure I'd still be worthy of the Most Hirsute award even after. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Baby steps. Next thing you know you will be waxing your forearms like Voxxy. But then again I've been known to take a razor head to toe, for cycling safety, of course.

8. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

whoa! marrow followed by duck! those look amazing. even the espresso looks great.

9. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Terrific digest B, thanks for the larfs..

10. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

[​IMG]

- B

Damn nice knot though, and credit for getting some of the 'captain' in the knot.

11. TC (Houston)

[​IMG]

- B

No. 9 was excellent, thanks!

12. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

I feel slightly better, knowing I only got one worst and a most hairy.

I know the basket weaves are not so popular here, but I actually like these shoe so [​IMG] to those that don't. As for the hairiness, its a def. [​IMG] [​IMG]. A trim is most certainly needed, but I sure I'd still be worthy of the Most Hirsute award even after. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

MJ, i appreciate your evolving style, I think you look much better now then prior. However I think their are far more stylish ways to wear a beard that will fit your dressed look much more so then the current.

[​IMG]

Not a fan of Neckerchiefs on men, but I like this look and it would serve you well.

Also, congrats on the weight loss, you're looking better, and also you have some of the most well knotted ties on the board, IMO.

13. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

No. 9 was excellent, thanks!

You're welcome, I'm glad that you had a good meal there.

- B

14. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

MJ, i appreciate your evolving style, I think you look much better now then prior. However I think their are far more stylish ways to wear a beard that will fit your dressed look much more so then the current.

[​IMG]

Not a fan of Neckerchiefs on men, but I like this look and it would serve you well.

Also, congrats on the weight loss, you're looking better, and also you have some of the most well knotted ties on the board, IMO.

Skinny - neckerchief recommendation for MJ? Come on man. Is he your sworn enemy?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

That is a total no-no!! I do agree on the shape of the beard above though ... very well kept.

15. JPHardy

JPHardy Senior member

Vox - Really Great Digest, nice to have you back.

TC- You keep adding evidence to the files that we are the same person..great food pics.

SG/MJ/ Dawg- Neckerchief.... are you crazy?

Neckerchief + SF member =

Label King ......absolutely / Neo...I can see that / Moo..... Legendary 100 page post

16. SkinnyGoomba

What part of 'not a fan of neckerchiefs on men" didnt you understand?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Glad you agree that the beard shape would look good, now if we can only convince MJ!

17. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

[​IMG]

My gawd, her twins stick out 4 feet.

18. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

What part of 'not a fan of neckerchiefs on men" didnt you understand?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Glad you agree that the beard shape would look good, now if we can only convince MJ!

sigh - read your sentence again ... and dont get all tight

"not a fan of neckerchiefs on men BUT ..." the use of "but" validated the look. if that is not what you meant fair enough, but grammatically that is what your sentence is saying.

you could have easily said: that neckerchief is trash, but this is a good idea of how to wear your beard. no ambiguity there.

anyway, this is not an english grammar message board.

19. mjHession

mjHession Senior member

[​IMG]

Can't figure out how to get the multi quote to work on the iPhone so just quoting this one.

First thanks for the compliment on the tie, personally I'm A fan of PandArts. But I usually go for the half Windsor over the FIH. I did trim the beard a bit on Saturday maybe if every keeps gettin on me about it I'll take it down even further. The weightloss is going well too, still got a hellof a long wAy to go, but gettin there.

20. SkinnyGoomba

sigh - read your sentence again ... and dont get all tight

"not a fan of neckerchiefs on men BUT ..." the use of "but" validated the look. if that is not what you meant fair enough, but grammatically that is what your sentence is saying.

you could have easily said: that neckerchief is trash, but this is a good idea of how to wear your beard. no ambiguity there.

anyway, this is not an english grammar message board.

Nii, sorry if it seemed i was getting bent out of shape, I took your post in jest.

Point taken about the ambiguity.