1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest™ Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by voxsartoria, Feb 11, 2010.

1. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

The rotation will never work, Im sure of that.

Im also pretty sure PG has no time for this either.

In all honesty, this was Bills thing, and I dont think any of us should take it upon ourselves to raise it from the dead.

It would be great if he did come out once a week a-la RJMans ebay lists just to do this however.

Completely agree. The rotation did work some time however. But Vox should be supervizzzing in that case.

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

The rotation worked when Bill appointed guest editors in his absence.

3. JohnsNotHere

JohnsNotHere Senior member

Perhaps the challenge winner of the week gets the duty? Just putting that out there...

4. Fred H.

Fred H. Senior member

5. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

I am not qualified plus I dont post in WAYWRN

Someone like Nii would be perfect

OMFG.

Nobody is qualified unless Bill himself passes the reigns.

You really should not mess with this thread without authorization, and you should not assume that anyone can represent Bill's tastes without his blessing.

Start something new, if you wish. But let this one RIP, please.

Mike

6. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

7. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Okay, Mike!

No way Fred!!!! [​IMG]

I think if Vox were to get involved and nominate people, sure. But that is the only way it can be done.

Mike

8. Fred H.

Fred H. Senior member

Agree, Mike, Vox would have to approve!

Repeating to myself: "I'm not worthy. I'm not worthy." [​IMG]

9. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Agree, Mike, Vox would have to approve!

Repeating to myself: "I'm not worthy. I'm not worthy." [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The hazards of using an iPhone in bed to answer SF posts. We crossed paths. You were posting as I was. My comment was not directed to you....but basically to AJ's position that "we don't need Vox anyway."

Yes, you do if you want to continue HIS digest. I think that is the whole point of it. Without Vox, or at least his choice of guest editor, it is not Vox's digest.

Start AJ's digest if you would like, I think it is a great concept that someone could run with. But let's let Bill's digest stay with him.

Mike

10. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

Why dont one of you just start your own WAYWRN Subjective etc and let Vox have his hiatus instead of trying to bring him back to something he has let go of. One of you could become the new Vox so to speak? Just saying.........

11. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Responses to my idea of resurrecting this thread without Vox show how out of sync my pov is from the current dominant members of mc. As such it is time to introspect. ..

12. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

^ A bit of a drama queen. If you'd like to see this again, start it up. No one really seems to care that much.

13. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Responses to my idea of resurrecting this thread without Vox show how out of sync my pov is from the current dominant members of mc. As such it is time to introspect. ..

I just think Bill needs to be involved if this particular digest is to be continued. If you would like to come up with something that is uniquely your own, I fully support that.

Mike

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Why dont one of you just start your own WAYWRN Subjective etc and let Vox have his hiatus instead of trying to bring him back to something he has let go of. One of you could become the new Vox so to speak? Just saying.........

This.... kind of.

The Vox digest was awesome, and when I was starting out, I wanted to be included.

WAYWRN is the driving force of MC, IMO. Without something that summarizes, or brings a little more attention to the thread, it just gets kind of stagnant. There are over 4 million pageviews on that thread. Its an important thing to StyleForum and brings a lot of traffic here, from many, many different people, places, even retail environments and publications.

Part of the reason why I started the challenges was to give a goal, or direct attention to a specific thing. Of course I would love this particular digest to come back (by the originator), but if someone else takes the reigns and starts one, kudos to him. However, part of the reason why the Vox digest was so great IMO is because he has great taste, and an inclusion in that digest meant you met a standard. If a new poster were to create a weekly "best of", I dont know if it would have the same impact unless that person had proven himself to have great style himself. Without that, I dont think it would really resonate the same. For me, anyhow.

15. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this pretty much nails it, in a much more diplomatic manner than I was able to muster this a.m. [​IMG]

Mike

16. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

You have made my point Spoo. Your challange is becoming the Vox subjective etc....

17. SpooPoker

You have made my point Spoo. Your challange is becoming the Vox subjective etc....

Thanks Fred. BTW, I miss seeing your chair. [​IMG]

18. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

Hahah thanks the chair will make a return.

19. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Senior member

This.... kind of.

The Vox digest was awesome, and when I was starting out, I wanted to be included.

WAYWRN is the driving force of MC, IMO. Without something that summarizes, or brings a little more attention to the thread, it just gets kind of stagnant. There are over 4 million pageviews on that thread. Its an important thing to StyleForum and brings a lot of traffic here, from many, many different people, places, even retail environments and publications.

Part of the reason why I started the challenges was to give a goal, or direct attention to a specific thing. Of course I would love this particular digest to come back (by the originator), but if someone else takes the reigns and starts one, kudos to him. However, part of the reason why the Vox digest was so great IMO is because he has great taste, and an inclusion in that digest meant you met a standard. If a new poster were to create a weekly "best of", I dont know if it would have the same impact unless that person had proven himself to have great style himself. Without that, I dont think it would really resonate the same. For me, anyhow.

Very Well Stated. I completely agree. Have a nice weekend.

-LR

20. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Wow, the interwebs some pretty serious shit huh? [​IMG]