• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vote the Goom! Mad Men Casting call

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dammit. I hoped to spring the "Vote for Me" SF Thread for this Contest.

Imma be up there soon. A little SF competition never hurt...

I do really admire the effort put into a lot of these shots - but any jerk can throw on a skinny tie, grab a cigarette and a scotch.

Details make the difference! Thin lapels, men, thin lapels!

I could see Jason doing this competition...

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
I'll vote for ya ******! I don't have time to get to a BR and get a code
frown.gif

Pand, it looks to me like you would win this thing...why not enter?

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yo, ******! WTF kinda name is Holcombe? Watsamattafuyu? Why is everyone rated 2 stars?
confused.gif

Finally, what is Mad Men? None of these guys look that
crazy.gif
(and there seem to be a fair # of women).....

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
Finally, what is Mad Men? None of these guys look that
crazy.gif
(and there seem to be a fair # of women).....

Some of the women put a lot of effort into their outfit and makeup, sometimes even with nice settings too.

The men seem to be quite sub-par on the whole...just a few decent ones.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even though this is a BR ad campaign, I think anything that gets the masses thinking about style is good.

Edit - OK I voted for you. But I know I've seen you in more Mad Men type outfits than what you posted. I thought a darker outfit would fare better. Then I looked at some of the shots before and after and I can't figure out what these people are thinking. Half of them aren't even in a tie or jacket (Don draper doesn't leave the house without one), some don't even show the outfit they are wearing and some are taken from a mile away. You have to win this thing for sure. I haven't seen any competition for you at all.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to have this one take my "dick-tation".
rimshot.gif

Also:

From the episode where DD travels throught time to 1975.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen an ad for the contest at a local BR, so anyone in Canada (or at least, Toronto) would be able to enter if they're interested.

Treen

Reaction score
A lot of the photos on there are just people wearing ill-fitting suits or random head shots. Your're the best one I've seen by far. I'm sure that some SF members could up the game though...

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the votes and compliments guys.

I personally think this competition should be hosted by Brooks Brothers, specifically the black fleece stuff. Someone wearing that would take it.

I think its worth a shot, and i think if anyone were to get it, it would be a SF person, most likely P&A.

I really dont dress the 'Draper' but I remember a few episodes featuring tweed jackets, bowties, club collars, ect. I like to wear more of a country club look.

My Last name is Holcombe because my father's side is English, whereas my mothers side is Italian. Works out well, I think its a great combination. Always have been closer to my mom's side, and we do the gravy sunday dinners, and huge parties for every occasion.

The women are really rockin' this competition.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems quite a few didn't think to dress up for their submission. I have to wonder if some of these people have even seen Mad Men.

Like this guy:

medium_phplqcj1J.jpg

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts

Alright. It's on.

StyleForum Mad Men throwdown.

May the best (mad) man win.

My entry to come.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads