• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Von dutch jeans...

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do these compare in quality to PDC? The brand is almost unheard of over here, except for those trucker hats... I'm looking at them as an alternative to PDC, since they have a size 28 as standard, and the website ships worldwide - although ideally, I'll find some on sale. The models that appeal the most are the Engineer and the Slidder, in the fairly 'normal' washes, not the logo-splattered models. Does anyone have an online source for discounted Von Dutch?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My slidders have held up pretty well. The denim is not as nicely textured as PDC, but the cloth is heavier weight and more durable. VOn Dutch has sort of peaked a while ago, and the jeans are on sale for about 1/2 price all over the place. Phone Allston Beat or Ozone in Boston - they were $69 for the slidder jean last time I looked (a couple of weeks ago. Gotta warn you though, the slidders are *super* low rise - they make the PDC GTO seem like high rise jeans.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't been impressed with the quality of Von Dutch stuff that I have seen. FWIW, I think it is rapidly becoming passe, since it was kind of a celebrity driven trend brand that celebrities have moved past, plus there is a bit of controversy over both the use of the name (Von Dutch's heirs sold his logo, and his friends think he'd have disapproved of its commercial use on clothing) and the man himself (some of his friends and acquaintances say he was a vehement racist).

Zubberah

Reaction score
These arev stocked at DJs (I've seent hem in the Sydney store) so they should be available in the Melb store. You can check for quality that way ...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads