• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Von Amper - Classic menswear - Leather goods - Fine accessories - official affiliate thread

Markus W

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi members of Styleforum,

It is with great pleasure that I present Von Amper as a Styleforum affiliate member and would like to introduce myself to this great community.

I founded Von Amper in 2016 as a passion project for the love of classic menswear. We started with a small selection of ties, pocket squares and leather bags and have since expanded the product range to include suits, jackets, pants, tailored shirts and coats.

Our style can be described as modern and equally timelessly elegant, in an understated but never boring design. We are a German company, but we are often inspired by the effortlessness of Italy and the elegance of England.

For us, quality is not just an empty phrase. That is why we do not offer anonymous mass-produced goods. We work exclusively with manufacturers in Italy, Germany and Slovakia and know each of our producers on a personal level.

In addition, we place great emphasis on service and personal advice. We are not an anonymous online store. Our shirts, suits, jackets and pants can all be ordered within our made-to-measure system. We can also accommodate special requests or customizations beyond what is shown in the online store. Just send us a message.

Our suits, jackets and pants are made in Italy. We offer jackets exclusively with a full canvas construction. In addition, the sleeves and collar are set and sewn by hand. The lapel is made with a hand-sewn Milanese buttonhole. Upon request, all buttonholes can be made by hand. Our suits, jackets and pants can be extensively configured online. Since we work with a full made-to-measure system in the background, further customizations can be made on request.

Unbenannt-1.jpg

Our classic shirts and polos are also made-to-measure. Standard measurements can be adjusted online, or an existing shirt can be measured. Body measurements can also be sent to us. We offer a selection of different collars and cuffs. We can also realize special requests and pattern adjustments in our production in Slovakia. Each shirt is made with mother-of-pearl buttons and loosely sewn interlining.

Unbenannt-2.jpg

For our suits, jackets, pants and shirts, we offer not only the fabrics that can be found in the online store. We cooperate with several renowned weaving mills and can produce any garment with your desired fabric. An overview can be found here: Fabrics to choose from.

But we also offer travel bags and briefcases. The bags are made in Italy and Germany, in some cases by companies whose history goes back to the 1860s. We have permanently some classic leather colors in the collection and offer a made-to-order service, where also bags in fancy colors can be ordered.

Unbenannt-3.jpg

We source our coats through a good friend. Each coat was designed by ourselves and is made in Germany. Here we can also gladly customize the measurements as desired.

Unbenannt-4.jpg

The product range is rounded off by a selection of ties, pocket squares and scarves.

Unbenannt-5.jpg

Until May 31, 2022, we are offering a 10% welcome coupon for the Styleforum community:
Discount Code: Style10

For any questions, just post here or contact us via our Contact Form.

Check out our website and the services we offer:
www.vonamper.de

And you will find us on Social Media:
https://www.instagram.com/vonamper/
https://www.facebook.com/vonamper.germany/

DSC_4562.jpg

emptym

Reaction score
Neat website! I particularly like the blog posts on craftspeople, particularly this one on precious glass:
DSC_5170.jpg

We don't see enough on German style and makers here, so I hope you'll be able to showcase them.

Markus W

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Very nice stuff, especially this:

Suit - Wool - Blue - Red striped (vonamper.de)

What's the difference between zero unpadded shoulder, and classic model zero?

Thanks.

Yeah, that blue/red striped suit is really great and fun to wear. I actually wore it today with a pink striped shirt. https://www.vonamper.de/Custom-Shirts/Shirt-Twill-white-pink-striped::502.html

We offer two models. Model Zero and our Classic Model. Here are the differences:

The Model Zero is slightly less fitted (Drop 8), with an unpadded, natural shoulder. The full canvas interlining is relatively soft, making it light and extremely comfortable to wear. The lapel is 11 cm wide. Our light, relaxed model.

The Classic Model is slightly more fitted (Drop 7), with a more pronounced padded shoulder (optional unpadded or roped). The full canvas interlining is chosen to be minimally firmer, giving the jacket a more profiled structure. The lapel has a width of 9.5 cm. Our classic, formal model.

The unpadded shoulder of the model zero and the classic model is basically the same. The overall appearance and how both models feel and wear is different because of the canvas (on softer then the other) and the cut (on light and relaxed the other more classic and formal)

I will update the web store in the next few days with the differences between Classic and Zero.

Markus W

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We don't see enough on German style and makers here, so I hope you'll be able to showcase them.

Thank you.

I wrote about how one of our travel bags are made: https://www.vonamper.de/blog:how-our-travel-bag-is-made.html

Unfortunately those blog posts are very time consuming. Find the right people, visit them, organize a photo shoot, write about it etc. It takes sometimes a few days just for one blog post. I really wish I could post more because we have so many different crafts and interesting craftspeople to write about. I hope to show more in the future.

Markus W

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Cross post from What Are You Wearing Right Now:

Our dark blue suit: https://www.vonamper.de/Suits/Suit-Worsted-Dark-Blue::724.html
I went for a very classic look with a blue striped shirt and a silk tie. The jacket is our Model Zero with no shoulder pads and a softer canvas construction. Fabric is Dugdale New Fine Worsted. It has a nice structure and is very wrinkle resistant and ideal for long days without looking rumpled at the end of the day.

DSC_4940.jpg

Markus W

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Cross post from What Are You Wearing Right Now:

Our turquoise linen suit. https://www.vonamper.de/Suits/Suit-Linen-Turquoise::729.html
The turquoise linen fabric is perfect for summer and anything but boring. It is the ideal companion for an evening visit to a bar or for a summer party. We choose peak lapels to underline the boldness of the suit and also went for a single button closer.

DSC_5235.jpg
DSC_5253.jpg

Markus W

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @TheSuitBurnsBetter

I just took a quick and dirty photo.

This is the view of the back of a shirt. The red line in centimeters shows you the height of the collar. If you choose, for example, a height of 4 cm, this part will be 4 centimeters high.

Looking at your Instagram pictures I would recommend a 4 cm collar. If you are like me and like high collars you can even go for 4,5 cm. This is how I wear all my shirt.

Z50_0846-2.jpg

dynemacron

Reaction score
Hey there, a few things -- first, cool stuff. Thinking of placing an order and to try out a shirt, but I am curious, are the sleeve seems in alignment or offset (as in, the neapolitans will put sleeves where the sleeve seam is offset from the body side seams on a shirt).

Second, your website tag line is mispelled. You wrote costum, not custom in English.

Markus W

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you.

The seams of the sleeves and body are aligned.

You are right, the meta title was wrong. I fixed the typo.

Markus W

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Our knitted ties and silk pocket squares are now available. Here I´m showing just a selection.

The ties have a slightly voluminous structure and the silk feels crisp and crunchy. Great for an overall informal outfit or to kind of tone down a very formal look. The light blue and orange tie is great for a summer outfit.

Check out https://www.vonamper.de/Pocket-Squares:::11.html for the pocket squares and https://www.vonamper.de/Ties:::7.html for the ties.

DSC_5372.jpg
DSC_5386.jpg
DSC_5392.jpg
DSC_5407.jpg
DSC_5408.jpg
DSC_5409-1.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neat website! I particularly like the blog posts on craftspeople, particularly this one on precious glass:
View attachment 1776106

I both love thIs and know that it would last 5 seconds in my house.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads