• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Volvo C30?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw one today in silver; it looks awesome, until the back shows up...it really does look like a spaceship from the back. Which I guess works well, since the pricing is out of this world.

Jon.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BMW 1 Series? Looks like a nice competitor

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Looks better, IMHO, and just as ridiculously expensive.

Jon.

But worth it. From what I hear, the 135i is a better driver than the 335i. It's on my radar as its dimensions are closer to my old E46 coupe than the new 335i. Can't wait until they make an M version.
bounce2.gif

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
But worth it. From what I hear, the 135i is a better driver than the 335i. It's on my radar as its dimensions are closer to my old E46 coupe than the new 335i. Can't wait until they make an M version.
bounce2.gif

How much less does it weigh? I think the 1 series looks better than the 3-series. I sat in a 135i with sports seats, it was a nice place to be (I haven't driven one...yet).

Jon.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much less does it weigh? I think the 1 series looks better than the 3-series. I sat in a 135i with sports seats, it was a nice place to be (I haven't driven one...yet).

Jon.

I'm with you on the look of the 1 series vs. the 3 series.

The car isn't too heavy (in the sense of most modern day cars), but it isn't light either, it's supposedly in the 3,400 lb + range. I'm with you on the price, the size and cost of the car was a part of what made it so alluring. At $45,000 for the M model, my eyes would start to wander at other cars.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw one today in silver; it looks awesome, until the back shows up...it really does look like a spaceship from the back. Which I guess works well, since the pricing is out of this world.

Jon.

The rear glass is part of the mystique, otherwise it wouldn't be too exciting. You really need to check out how the 2.0 version looks with the spoiler (some reason the spoiler adds to the look of the back window).....it's a pretty cool looking car.

bkk

Reaction score
There will never be a true M1. That's bestowed upon the next M1 supercar (as in they built and Lambo did the ID for many moons ago). If anything, they'll have a ZHP or M package, but it will never be a full on M car. Or they'll produce the tii... that's one sick looking car.

Mildly Consumptive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not as good. Honda probably has the best overall quality of any car company in the world.

Jon.

Underneath all the swoopy glass, isn't a Volvo part Mazda? Which is to say, less reliable than a Honda or Toyota.

jkennett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mildly Consumptive
Underneath all the swoopy glass, isn't a Volvo part Mazda? Which is to say, less reliable than a Honda or Toyota.
I believe the C30 is made in Austria, and if it uses a few parts out of the mazda 3 parts bin... so be it. It's not as if other companies don't do the same thing (Audi comes to mind).

SouthernNupe- I was thinking about this earlier... You mentioned there not being any cr-x anymore. Have you seen the CR-Z concept? My fingers are crossed that this is brought into production soon.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/honda/-...t-ar50503.html

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bkk
There will never be a true M1. That's bestowed upon the next M1 supercar (as in they built and Lambo did the ID for many moons ago). If anything, they'll have a ZHP or M package, but it will never be a full on M car. Or they'll produce the tii... that's one sick looking car.
True,

I did see the M1 supercar concept on the cover of one of the current mags, but I feel it's somewhat of a disgrace when compared against the original

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
True,

I did see the M1 supercar concept on the cover of one of the current mags, but I feel it's somewhat of a disgrace when compared against the original

Wow....I wonder how likely they are to put into production.

....and as for the C30, the more parts it shares with the Mazda 3 underneath the sheetmetal, can be seen as a good thing, epecially considering the 3 is known to be a great handling car.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads