• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vollebak - questions, appreciation, etc...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Vollebak, the makers of improbably durable clothing: www.vollebak.com.

Specifically, I want a pair of their 100 year pants, which look to me like Acronym pants, but what I'd imagine them to be like if they were actually functional: https://www.vollebak.com/product/100-year-pants-khaki/

100-y-kh-t-leg-3-4-front-dry-2752-375x164.jpg

I emailed them re. how snag resistant they are, and they said that they were probably not going to get snagged by bramble, but obviously (duh) by a knife. The stuff pants ostensibly have 3 layers, with different properties, but I imagine that it feels like a 2 layer fabric, with a tougher other layer and then a softer, brushed, inner layer. Still, there is a fair bit of room in between "good enough for some walks" and "bombproof."

Meh, they have a good return policy, at least. Maybe I'll give them a shot.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the first I've heard of em, but I love the design and the tech sounds cool. $645 is no joke though. They've got a high burden of proof with that.

The fireproof midlayer is cool. One of the major drawbacks of a lot of techwear I've bought (specifically Outlier) is none of it can ever be my "only pair" (in theory, no interest in that in practice) because they're the opposite of fireproof. I don't plan to encounter fire, but I do plan to encounter sparks.

They're relaxation hoodie is slightly hilarious but also something I'd totally use if I had it.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the first I've heard of em, but I love the design and the tech sounds cool. $645 is no joke though. They've got a high burden of proof with that.

The fireproof midlayer is cool. One of the major drawbacks of a lot of techwear I've bought (specifically Outlier) is none of it can ever be my "only pair" (in theory, no interest in that in practice) because they're the opposite of fireproof. I don't plan to encounter fire, but I do plan to encounter sparks.

They're relaxation hoodie is slightly hilarious but also something I'd totally use if I had it.
Yeah, the price is no joke.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
brand looks awesome. so much tech and functionality. i really wonder if anyone uses half this stuff or if it is purely marketing and upselling. but reading the descriptions is cool

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been following the brand with some interest as they've built out their product offering. But only seen their stuff online. I like their boldness in fabric selection, and ability to get PR... but I'd take any claim for abnormal durability with a massive sprinkling of Malden salt. There's going to be a break down of any product over time and points of stress on the construction are likely points of failure. But I guess, the 100 year name gets people in the door so to speak.

For the pants, it sounds like they've pulled the fabric from Schoeller's FR line so the face fabric is likely to be similar to one of the higher quality fabrics from their Dynamic line of fabrics. That's good stuff but expensive. I can only imagine adding fire resistance and other layers to that would push that cost even higher for materials and trim. If you like the design the face fabric is likely very good.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been following the brand with some interest as they've built out their product offering. But only seen their stuff online. I like their boldness in fabric selection, and ability to get PR... but I'd take any claim for abnormal durability with a massive sprinkling of Malden salt. There's going to be a break down of any product over time and points of stress on the construction are likely points of failure. But I guess, the 100 year name gets people in the door so to speak.

For the pants, it sounds like they've pulled the fabric from Schoeller's FR line so the face fabric is likely to be similar to one of the higher quality fabrics from their Dynamic line of fabrics. That's good stuff but expensive. I can only imagine adding fire resistance and other layers to that would push that cost even higher for materials and trim. If you like the design the face fabric is likely very good.
I think that the fire resistant layer is the midlayer, and that it's sandwiched between the inner brushed layer and then an abrasion resistant layer on on the top.

I seriously hope that I'm not going to need the fire resistance, but I am getting stuff snagged all the time, so that was my main question for them.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you buy this for me I will wear it

Vollebak-50000BC-Jacket-Was-Designed-with-Prehistoric-Man-In-Mind-4-1000x600.jpg

PDX-S

Reaction score
Came across the dfact that they are re-releasing the nomad hoodie soon- still no one with any firsthand experience on the forum?
Feelings about the "only black merino fabric on earth"?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics