• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Volcom Jeans

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
How are the quality of Volcom jeans?

mgoose

Reaction score
I don't think they are that great, but they are popular up here in my neck of the woods

Brian SD

Reaction score
Quality wise I was really impressed by what I saw. There have been numerous occasions where I've seen someone wearing a pair of well-fitting dark rinse straight-legs that had a nice slubby ring Xring weave and seemed pretty sturdy.

I wouldn't be surprised if they use Nissinbo or Kurabo denim, but at that market segment and price point, it would seem impractical. Regardless, I've been impressed, at least I was a few years ago when I last saw some.

I would never buy them myself (because I won't wear Volcom, plain and simple), but they're probably gonna get unduly thrashed.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Thanks Brian. That is a really helpful response. I am not as well versed as you all in this sub fora, but I saw some decent deals on the jeans on www.whiskeymilitia.com and I thought I might grab a pair and give them a shot.

whatuknowaboutthat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Quality wise I was really impressed by what I saw. There have been numerous occasions where I've seen someone wearing a pair of well-fitting dark rinse straight-legs that had a nice slubby ring Xring weave and seemed pretty sturdy.

I wouldn't be surprised if they use Nissinbo or Kurabo denim, but at that market segment and price point, it would seem impractical. Regardless, I've been impressed, at least I was a few years ago when I last saw some.

I would never buy them myself (because I won't wear Volcom, plain and simple), but they're probably gonna get unduly thrashed.

I've seen volcom selvage at Nordstrom rack before and I'm pretty sure I saw a tag inside the jean indicating that they were Cone White Oak denim

coopster

Reaction score
I had a some in high school. I feel like they are trying to go the stussy route with higher end skate stuff.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Ludey Krus

(and it's also a pun)

Oh, I see what you did there.
inlove.gif

Here's my original thread on my Volcom's, surprised I missed this:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ghlight=volcom

I own a pair of the older 2x4's in the raw 'DIY' color, non-selvedge. They were a bright shade of blue compared to other raw denim, and fit fairly skinny when sized true-to-size. The details are lacking compared to what most here would be used to; no hidden rivets, no selvage, flat-felled seam on the outer leg seam, non-symmetrical rear yoke, etc. They hold their indigo fairly well and don't bleed out at all, so they tend to fade slower than many other denim brands. Weight of the denim is about midweight; I would guess in the 12ish ounce area....comparable to Levi's, imo. They are very soft for a 'raw' jean, though, so they are very comfortable.

They are very durable, though. I took it easy on them for a while, and got little fading out of them. Around the 3 month mark, I decided I had gotten them cheap enough that I could afford to make them my *****-jeans (aka, do everything in them, work on motorcycles and cars, clean, etc.). Since then, I have put them through hell where most jeans would have ripped or worn holes. Fading is starting to get noticeable.

The newer selvage models are indeed made from Cone denim, so they may have slightly different characteristics, but my understanding is they are very similar to the older denim, just now selvage and made at a major manufacturer.

So basically....they use good denim with tacky details but good cuts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads