1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Vogel custom boots / shoes in manhattan?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Rabbi Mark, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Rabbi Mark

Rabbi Mark Well-Known Member

wondering if anyone has info on a shop called E. Vogel here in New York City. Â They're down in the Village and according to their website www.vogelboots.com have been making custom boots since 1879. Â Quite a selection of boots for riding and hunting, which is not my thing, but they also list a fair range of custom shoes on offer. Anybody have experience with this shop? Â They're asking $850 for the first pair, $650 thereafter. Â John Lobb is out of my price range ($2750 per pair last time I asked, and that was before the pound-dollar exchange went hugely in favor of the Brits), but I'm always in the market for shoes. thanks in advance for your feedback

2. Nick M

Nick M Distinguished Member

You can find member TimelessRider's experience here.

3. prinseugen

prinseugen Well-Known Member

Vogel makes an excellent equestrian boot, Mark, but their shoes, while manufactured to good standards, are not particularly elegant. What gives a top flight shoe (custom or ready-made) its unique presence has a great deal to do with the waist, the portion of the shoe that cradles your arch. Note the shape of Cleverley, Vass, or Green lasts: there is a pronounced narrowing to the center, which allows the forward parts of the shoes to flare in a voluptuous, highly individual manner. Vogel does make a quality product, but slightly more money will bring a much higher taste level--ready-made, which, as we both know, provides instant gratification, and considering the present state of the planet, there is a lot of good to be said about that....

Regards,

Jack

4. chorse123

chorse123 Stylish Dinosaur

Bumping this thread to see if anyone else has had experience with Vogel. My wife wants a pair of riding boots from there.

5. JasonF

JasonF New Member

My wife has a custom pair of Vogel boots, used primarily for shows (hunters) and she is very pleased with them. They are her third (or fourth)pair of Vogel boots and they last a long time, assuming you don't use the baby calf (very soft, not as durable). I believe her latest pair is imported calfskin.

A young employee of Vogel's measured my wife and the fit is perfect. It seems that Mr. Vogel was at a show when she went in for a fitting. They close for a few weeks in the summer which slows turnaround time, so I would go soon (or pay up for expedited service).