1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

viyella shirts with plain collar?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Horace, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Horace

Horace Senior member

Anyone know if Viyella shirts are made with plain collar? (They all appear to be button-down). Or any suggestions on where to find a shirt with a plain collar tailored out of a fabric similar to Viyella?

2. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

Although a well respected shirtmaker on this forum does not like to work with "blends", he probably will make some on request. "Truella" fabric may be another option

3. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Senior member Dubiously Honored

I just left a message for an old business friend who works for Viyella. I will forward this thread to her when she calls back with her email address. The Viyella shirts are being made in the Brooks factory in Garland, NC. I can always make a shirt with a point collar. Acorn, the English shirting supplier has a great selection of cotton/wool shirtings. It is not sold under the viyella name. I have a few odd cuts of cotton/cashmere inmy shop right now. Really nice stuff. Carl www.cego.com

4. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

That's interesting. I have a Brooks wool/cotton blend shirt that is not sold as "Viyella" but is made in USA. Hmmm...

5. uriahheep

uriahheep Senior member

Viyella is really just a registered trademark. The Viyella company contracts the weaving of cotton/wool fabric to various mills(currently an 80/20 blend) and makes clothing from it. Ditto Acorn - a converter, not a weaver. Who knows where Acorn and Viyella's fabrics are woven? I'm pretty sure that years ago Viyella had a higher wool content.