1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Vitamin Water?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by calvin1663, May 22, 2007.

1. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

except water's good for you, it flushes out your body, vitamin c just passes thru...
    Actually, drinking more water than you need is bad for you. It "flushes" out all the stuff you need. Thins out your blood, and can cause a host of problems. Basically, the point is this, who gives a crap. The argument that more vitamin C is wasteful is dumb. It doesn't hurt anything. More sodium than you need is actually HARMFUL, but you don't see anyone pointing out that you shouldn't drink too much Gatorade. Stop nitpicking, fool!

2. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

I just thought they might have wanted to say 70 lemons on the front. Good marketing Ploy.

Also I really didnt dig the CC Lemon. I dont know why, maybe too much lemon?

3. kwiteaboy

kwiteaboy Senior member

If you piss out the remaining Vitamin C, then it ends up in the ocean, and, through the water cycle, it ends up back in the drinking water. Then people drink the water and prevent scurvy. So actually, drinking that much Vitamin C is not only not stupid, it's actually being a good world citizen.

4. j

j Senior member Admin

If you piss out the remaining Vitamin C, then it ends up in the ocean, and, through the water cycle, it ends up back in the drinking water. Then people drink the water and prevent scurvy. So actually, drinking that much Vitamin C is not only not stupid, it's actually being a good world citizen.
    Yeah but then we can't have proper pirates shouting "Avast ye scurvy lads!" because it won't make sense anymore... think of the pirates!

5. niniyo

niniyo New Member

You know about antioxidant water to protect you against free radicals. Applying antioxidant water will make you fitter and healthier.

6. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

Looks like the forum is bein amway'd

7. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

Am i the only one who thinks vitamin water doesnt taste good?
    I think it tastes like an old, oxidized-tasting fruit punch that was sitting in the back of your fridge unnoticed past its due date like months with its lid open.

8. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i think it tastes fine, but the ingredients are caca.

9. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

I think it tastes like water which has been left in your fridge in an open container for 3 days.

I would rather have water, or a coke.

10. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

I think it tastes like water which has been left in your fridge in an open container for 3 days.

that's what it exactly tastes like.

11. Lucky7

Lucky7 Senior member

I drink Formula 50, run on a treadmill, and have 6 pack abs just like Fiddy Cent.

12. javyn

javyn Senior member

Eh. The vitamin content in it is ridiculous. 25% DRV of ascorbic acid and 10% zinc doesn't exactly cut the mustard enough for it to be called "Vitamin Water".

I do have to admit though, drinking that foul tasting shit really perks me up. I'd attribute that to the ionized water rather than the vitamins, but that's pseudo science bullshit as well. Maybe I was just dehydrated when I tried it. I dunno.

Get yourself some regular drinking water and a pound of ascorbic acid for 15 bucks. You can make 250,000 bottles of vitamin water with that, and not have all the bad crap in it.

13. Skydiver Nick

Skydiver Nick Well-Known Member

The white one is one of my guilty pleasures.

[​IMG]

14. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

I drink grape flavored gatorade.

15. Vagran7

Vagran7 Well-Known Member

I liked the white powerade more than any vitamin water, but I've only seen it a few times. Vitamin water is okay. Its a bit too sweet for my tastes. I end up watering it down if I drink it.

16. Lucky7

Lucky7 Senior member

Gatorade makes me run faster, and jump higher. Vitamin Water is fail.

17. eqpablon

eqpablon Senior member

I used to think it was a well-packaged scam...

I've been told that I'm a well packaged scam...

18. dusty

dusty Senior member

Pocari Sweat is awesome, whatever it is. I would kill for some Suntory Apple Juice ("juice") here.

19. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Shitty sugar water.

20. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

Am i the only one who thinks vitamin water doesnt taste good?
    I think it tastes like an old, oxidized-tasting fruit punch that was sitting in the back of your fridge unnoticed past its due date like months with its lid open.

I love the taste and drink it daily.