Vitamin Water?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by calvin1663, May 22, 2007.

1. calvin1663

calvin1663 Senior member

[​IMG]

somehow, I don't think I could ever drink a beverage that had "sweat" in the title...

2. calvin1663

calvin1663 Senior member

I wasn't really directing the observation towards you personally. I did notice that quote, but then you seem to contradict it with "I USED to think it was a well-packaged scam"........
    sorry to confuse people...it is a well packaged scam, but it tastes good...and as to the 125 calories, I'm 16 and need all the energy I can get......don't have to be counting calories for a while now (hopefully forever?)

3. p.trick

p.trick Senior member

somehow, I don't think I could ever drink a beverage that had "sweat" in the title...

[​IMG]

How about now?

4. bob

bob Senior member

Scam. Its a soft drink some marketing dude thought up. Trace amounts of vitamins for value added and mark it the hell up.

5. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I started filling the bottles with cold water and a splash of unsweetened white grapefruit juice, and it's just as refreshing with very few calories.

Sometimes I will make cold brew iced tea and add Splenda or Sweet and Lo (I am not a sweet flavor snob at all obviously), and put that in the bottles to take in the car with me, if I need caffeine. This ends up being much cheaper and low calorie, and even tastes acceptable when it starts getting warm from sitting (unlike coffee).

6. most_def

most_def Well-Known Member

sorry to confuse people...it is a well packaged scam, but it tastes good...and as to the 125 calories, I'm 16 and need all the energy I can get......don't have to be counting calories for a while now (hopefully forever?)

You don't have to count calories but it's important to be aware of where your calories are coming from. Most people are surprised when they read the label on Vitamin Water and see "125 calories" staring back at them. I think people of any age are better drinking something else.

7. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

• Like any other soft drink company (or any producer of high-calorie food/drink), I think they try and fool you with serving sizes. It's 50 cals per serving, or 125/bottle (as opposed to coke, which is 250 a bottle, IIRC). So calling it "water" might be a stretch, but I think it's a fine beverage, and "scam" is a little harsh.

• As for the vitamins, who knows if they work. Like with supplements, there's probably MORE of each vitamin in there than stated on the label (QC is weak with vitamins, generally), but absorption and use by your body is always up in the air. It's obviously best to get vitamins and minerals from the unprocessed foods in which they naturally occur.
    J, why don't you just drink unsweetened iced tea? Earl Grey makes a good iced tea.

8. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I can care less about vitamins. It tastes great and is a lot lighter tasting and not as syrupy tasting as gatoraide. I love the stuff.

XXX
    Dragon Fruit
    Tropical Citrus

9. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

J, why don't you just drink unsweetened iced tea? Earl Grey makes a good iced tea.

Because I like it sweet? [​IMG]

10. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Senior member

I use Propel.

11. shellshock

shellshock Forum Mascot

I use Propel.

maybe its just me but some of the propel flavors kind of make my throat feel weird/burn? idk.

12. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Senior member

Well, at my age . . . that's normal.

13. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

[​IMG] Pocari > Vitamin Water any day of the week
    No way man, its all about drinking 70 lemons worth of Vitamin C in each bottle! [​IMG] Or Sapporo's Melon Creme Soda...mmm [​IMG]

14. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

]

Or Sapporo's Melon Creme Soda...mmm
    [​IMG]

MMmmmmm Melon Soda (that is the shit, had a melon cream soda float at a Maid Cafe in Akiba, yeah had to experience it, that was really good.). Or what about Mitsuya Cider? Good stuff too, BUT this thread is about water/sports drinks not sodas.

15. calvin1663

calvin1663 Senior member

[​IMG]

this is pretty stupid...the body can only absorb a certain amount of a vitamin per day, so 70 lemons worth of vitamin c is stupid, you'll just piss out what you can't absorb