• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GunwashAce

Reaction score
Trying to pick up a used pair of kngr Virgil’s. Would ss11 > current models?

Joytropics

Reaction score
How do you guys clean the canvas parts of your 73 boots?

I just cleaned and conditioned the leather, and would like to touch up the canvas as well.

(Also still hunting for red deer hurons in size 12, would love white, but will take black as well. any tips much appreciated.)

Xonnel

Reaction score
How do you guys clean the canvas parts of your 73 boots?

I just cleaned and conditioned the leather, and would like to touch up the canvas as well.

(Also still hunting for red deer hurons in size 12, would love white, but will take black as well. any tips much appreciated.)
Never cleaned mine just let them age and go dirty. Probably a scrubbing sponge would do it though.

Philipche

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Could i get some help identifying if these Visvim FBTs are real? I purchased these 2nd hand on ebay and they didn’t come with the bag or the box.
There seems to be quite a lot of puckering on the stitching. Is this common on FBTs?
There are also glue stains on the Vibram sole.
The suede actually seems to be quite high quality but there is also a very faint embossed logo which leads me to think they're fake. i have a pair of Blackfoot boots, and the embossed logo is very prominent.

IMG_9571.JPG
IMG_9574.JPG
IMG_9575.JPG
IMG_9580.JPG
IMG_9577.JPG

IMG_9582.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9569.JPG
    IMG_9569.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 42

bbhewee

Reaction score
FBT Prime. These look fine to me

renozz

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with resoling any of visvim's crepe boots ? Their website says the sole is replaceable, but I'd be curious how as the crepe boots dont have a midsole. The crepe looks like its glued directly to leather.

sirphilliam

Reaction score
Hi all,

New here and I'm looking to pickup a Visvim piece from Yahoo auctions. I had some questions regarding the SS 101 denim jackets. I read through some of the thread and it seems like the shoulders run quite slim.

I'm 5'5, 128 lbs, with a 37 inch chest.

Part of me thinks I'll be able to fit a size 1, but the shoulder measurements seem awfully small. Another part of me thinks a size 2 will be more ideal in the shoulders, but too long in the body and sleeves. Any opinions? Typically between an XS and S in most American clothing.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t have a 101 so others can be more helpful but based on what has been said here before and my other Visvim tops I would get the 2 if I were you.

rotide

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with resoling any of visvim's crepe boots ? Their website says the sole is replaceable, but I'd be curious how as the crepe boots dont have a midsole. The crepe looks like its glued directly to leather.

I've had several done but always opted for a different sole, you can have another crepe applied. Bit of a fan of of the ISDT, last pair (bottom) they left a thin layer of crepe and bonded a Vibram directly to it which I didn't ask for but turned out ok and even more comfortable.

rbutXhg.jpg

XiUQB0R.jpg

CWIP5ug.jpg

ITtj2cS.jpg

Emixam

Reaction score
Bit of a fan of of the ISDT, last pair (bottom) they left a thin layer of crepe and bonded a Vibram directly to it which I didn't ask for but turned out ok and even more comfortable.

that's the midsole, if it is still in good condition there is no need to remove it otherwise you need to restitch all the welt.

rotide

Reaction score
If you look closely the midsole has a layer of crepe still attached, never had any of them re-stitched but the last pr went to a different cobbler.

I've only got the bottom pr and the dk brown now, the latter have a broken toe cap on one boot which collapses, haven't been able to find a way to fix that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads